(013). SECRETS

RED SPARROW
( chapter thirteen , secrets. )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

         ISABEL'S TIME AT THE RED SPARROW ACADEMY WAS A NIGHTMARE. AFTER HER FACE DAY, SHE WAS CURLED UP IN HER BED WITH TEARS IN HER EYES. She hugged her knees close to her chest, the other men and women walked into the room, ignoring her. Her body was sore with bruises, they were mainly on her back and on her legs, it hurt to move even an inch. She had no strength in her anymore. She kept asking herself what she do deserve everything that had happened within the last few weeks and months. 

She was a mere nurse working for the military, her base got attacked and she should've died. She wished she was dead more than ever now. Yasmin walked slowly towards Isabel and on the small cot that was across from Isabel. She hated how young Yasmin was, she couldn't be any less than twenty, to Isabel she was just a kid. Yasmine's eyes looked glassy as she studied Isabel, everyone else was talking and going about as if nothing happened. 

"Isabel," 

"Don't," she croaked, the tears stung her cheeks and she quickly wiped them away with her hand. 

Yasmin reached out her hand to soothe her and Isabel quickly snapped, "Don't touch me, Yasmine," Isabel kept thinking about Bucky, she remembered everything from when she saw him. He looked so tired and worn out and he had lost his arm. What were they going to do to him? She wanted to see him again but Katya had said after she had finished her training that she would, Isabel just didn't know if she'd be able to finish it. 

"I told you the training was a bit intense," Yasmine said, "I should've warned about what would happen if you disobey," her voice was soft and she felt guilty for not telling Isabel what would happen. 

"Do they do that to everyone?" Isabel asked her gaze was fixed on a ring that was on Yasmine's finger. It was an amethyst ring, she knew because the twins both had amethyst necklaces. 

Isabel nodded her head, "I've heard that sometimes they do worse things, if it's constantly happening, they...kill them," she answered, "They don't want any liabilities or anything that will set them back." 

"That's terrible," Isabel muttered, she felt like she was there for hours on end. Isabel had said she was special but she didn't know-how. She needed more answers but she knew Katya would be hard to find. Isabel locked eyes with Yasmin, "I don't know if I can do this, I couldn't seduce Alexei, they're going to make me do even worse things. I can't kill a man, Yasmine, I can't do it," her voice cracked as she spoke it. She didn't know if she would be able to continue, she needed to escape but she wanted to help Bucky. 

Yasmine looked around and leaned to look at Isabel, "Look, from what I've heard, Katya's on thin ice and you're her saving grace. I know that this is hard and you don't want to do this, but you have to. Not just for you but for Bucky, Katya is a very powerful woman and so is HYDRA. You need to be what she wants you to be, for now, show her that you're strong. If you show them that you're weak, then you're as good as dead, understood?"