"Get Away From Me!" ______ shrieked. She felt like she was being split in half. Curse him. He did this to her. This was all his fault.

"Very good, keep going! You're almost there." The doctor encouraged her. His nurses prepared for the arrival of the infant. They were prepared to clean and wrap the baby in a blanket to hand to their mother.. or perhaps the father since the mother was very hostile. "Keep pushing."

______ cried out like a banshee as she gave it her all, her nails digging into the bed as she nearly blacked out from straining. Joker furrowed his brows in worry of her health. She looked so pale. So weak.

"It's a girl!" The doctor announced, holding the infant in his arms.

Something was wrong, however.

"W-Why isn't she crying.." Joker asked. Babies were suppose to cry, right? They always cried when first born. Why wasn't his? What was wrong with her?

The doctor furrowed his brows, clipping the cord and rushing off with his nurses. Joker stayed by his women's side.

"She's gone.." _____ said. A weak smirk on her lips. "She's gone. She's gone.."

"Don't say that.. she's going to be okay.."

Joker watched as a single tear ran down her cheek. She wanted this to happen. For their child to be dead. She wanted his heart to break.

"Your baby will burn in hell." She looked him in the eye. A dark look held behind them. She hated him and wanted nothing more than to watch him suffer for what he did to her.

Just then, the silence was broken.

Joker looked over when he heard the cries of his child. His daughter. He felt a smile creep onto his lips. His baby girl.

"There we are. You had us worried, little one." The doctor stated, wrapping the wailing infant and carrying her to Joker. The doctor was thankful the child was alive. He knew they would all pay with their lives if they didn't save her. "Congratulations.. She's perfectly healthy.. perhaps a bit stressed but.. she's better in your care than.." The doctor looked over at the woman in the bed. She was muttering something to herself. A prayer?

Joker put his gun away and awaited to hold his daughter for the first time. He had waited so long for this moment. From the moment he found out _____ was pregnant till now. Joker ignored everything else in the world. The staff was busy tending to _____ and his henchmen stood guard by the doors. It was just him and his baby now.

"She's so perfect." His voice weakened and his gaze softened. Everything about her was perfect. Her blushing cheeks. Her pouting lips. Her adorable button nose. Joker could already tell she was going to have the most beautiful smile. "My perfect little girl."

------

Joker stood by the woman in the bed, holding his daughter close. He refused to let anyone take a look at her, fearing that he'd never get to hold her again. The staff left the room and Joker's men stood outside the room. It was just the three of them. The happy little family.

______ refused to look at them. She kept her head turned away. She wished she could just pass away. She wished the doctor let her bleed out on the bed. She wished she could die, that way she would no longer be held against her will.

How did it come to this?

She was never suppose to be here. He should have killed her off a long time ago.

Back then, she knew him as Arthur.

Arthur Fleck. Her husband.

-----