"How do you" I hear her say trailing off. I turn to her and smile. She was in her new school uniform and looked adorable in it.

"Here pretty girl let me" I say and crouch down to her height, tying her small tie for her. As promised I took a lot of pictures for Leo before we headed out.

We opted to walk to her school considering it was only a few blocks away from mine and because it was very sunny outside. It looked like everyone started school today.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Nellie as she skips beside me gripping my hand.

"Nope" she says the P popping. I chuckle.

"Your not worried at all?" I tease her.

"No! I like school" she says as I stop us at a cross walk, she looks up at me with a smile. I smile back.

She didn't seem fazed that Leo couldn't bring her to school, she seemed to understand the concept of how busy and demanding Leo's job was.

As we neared they building I could spot a few other first graders, obviously much taller and older looking then Nellie. She looked like she could still be in kindergarten. Due Nellie's past of her father being cruel and hopping to an orphanage that was just as cruel, Nellie looked like a baby compared to her other classmates.

"Hi Nellie" a young woman, older then me of course smiles at Nellie as we walk up to her door.

"Hello Miss Sydney!" Nellie smiles all giddy. I smile.

Miss Sydney looks up at me "you must be Nellie's mother" she smiles at me. My mouth opens to speak.

"Yep!" Nellie smiles. I stare down at her.

"Your daddy couldn't come?" Miss Sydney asks, Nellie shakes her head.

"No, he's at work" Nellie announces. Miss Sydney smiles.

"Well come along in" She says gesturing to the classroom behind her. Nellie tugs on my arm and I crouch down.

"Have a good day pretty girl" I smile at her as I push her curly hair back. She smiles "I'll pick you up after"

"Okay!" She says and wraps her arms around me. I smile as I squeeze her before she pulls away. I watch as she skips into the classroom with ease, she turns back and waves at me. I stand up and wave back.

Walking out of the school I call Leo "hey babe" he says with a sigh.

"Hey, so Nellie is officially at school" I tell him.

"Aww your not crying are you?" Leo teases.

"No but you certainly would be" I tease back, he chuckles "actually did you mention to Nellie's teacher about a mother?" I ask as I tug a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Uhhh no, not that I can remember" Leo tells me.

"Well she asked if I was the mother and Nellie didn't hesitate" I tell him.

Soon my boyfriend laughs "aw babe" I roll my eyes at him. "Why are you so nervous about that? So what if Nellie tells people at her school that your her mom"

"Uhh because I'm not?" I tell him more in a question tone.

"Her biological mother died in front of her, you are most likely the closet mother figure she has" Leo tells me.

I sigh "yea I don't know why I'm going crazy about this"

"You were just caught off guard" He assures me.

"Yea I guess, sorry that I freaked" I say. My boyfriend chuckles.

"No need beautiful it's okay" he chuckles.