"Wow, you really thought this through, huh?" Ricky teased as he sat across from Lara Jean at the picnic table, eyeing the pen and paper in her hand. She only shot him a look before looking down at the piece of paper in her hand. "Everyone has their own dynamics in a couple, so we might as well figure out how ours work," she pointed out.

"Seems reasonable, I guess you have a point there. But we're going to have to do it after rehearsal, we only have a couple of minutes to get back to school before it starts," Ricky pointed back as he got up from sitting at the picnic table.

"Ah damn. Now I have to go and sit down for who knows how long and listen to that millennial speak," Lara Jean complained as she got up from her place at the table too. "Speaking of which, what role did you get in the musical anyways?" The teenage girl asked as she jogged up to walk beside Ricky as they made their way back to school.

"Troy Bolton,"

"Okay, we really need to come up with a plan!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

THEY HAD MADE THEIR WAY BACK- into the school in only a matter of moments. To which Lara Jean was confounded to be told that Ricky was to be playing the role of Troy Bolton. If she knew what was going through the new music teacher's mind, she would have picked that sophomore Gina for the role of Gabriella.

Here's hoping she was right.

She followed Ricky to the bomb shelter, to which the two found a circle of desks in the center of the room. Beyond the circle of desks revolved multiple props that could be used for different plays and musicals, a piano and multiple boxes that probably had a layer of dust on them.

Lara Jean's eyes flickered around the room to see the rest of her friends sitting on the ground or chairs behind the circle of desks. Clearly, it meant that the extras in the musical weren't as important compared to the leads. Such a shame too, well no, not really. The last thing she wanted to do was to be in close proximity to the new music teacher.

"Can everyone take their assigned seats, please?" Miss Jenn demanded while discussing other matters with Carlos. The teenage girl looked over at Ricky, who only shrugged his shoulders and the two parted ways. That, of course, was before he kissed her on his cheek while making his way to his own seat.

She made her way over towards her friends, waving at Chris who waved right back at her. Her eyes caught sight of labels on each desk, only to see that Gina wasn't sitting in place of Gabriella. Rather, it was someone else instead. Nini.

Damn, things were going to get complicated now. She shook her head out of her thoughts. Only as Lara Jean made her way over towards to sit beside Chris and Anja, she was blocked by EJ Caswell himself. She grimaced as she looked up at him, while he shot an icy glare at her.

"Um, do you mind?" Lara Jean asked as she tried to move past the teenage boy. "What game are you trying to play, Covey?" EJ hissed as he grasped her by the arm. She looked down at his grasp on her arm, quickly pulling away as she did so. "I don't know, guess you're going to have to find out,"

"What was going on between you and EJ, huh?" Chris asked as Lara Jean sat down beside him. "Long story," the teenage girl grumbled. "And that kiss between you and Ricky?" He added on. "Another long story. But I might as well fill you in," she replied as she rested her chin on her fist.

But just as soon as Lara Jean was about to fill in Chris on all the details, it just had to be that Miss Jenn was going to interrupt her with another sappy motivational speech. "I realize that you all walked in here as strangers," she started. "Nevermind, I guess I'll have to wait until the millennial stops talking," she grumbled in annoyance.