A Date With The Mate

Start from the beginning

Lavender just shrugged. "Well, you're going to have to wear something warm, since it's March, so it's not that broad at all. You can't just wear a red t-shirt and call it a day."

Ginny spoke up. "Wear skinny jeans, Potter. Show off your ass, I bet Riddle loves it!"

The other girl snickered while Harry flipped Ginny his middle finger. Traitor.

"Thanks for the help, Lavender," Harry thanked, smiling at her. "I really appreciate it."

She gave him a thumbs up. "Always happy to help, but you better tell me what happened on your date later or I'll find you and hurt you."

He wasn't used to Lavender threatening him, but seeing as she was friends with Ginny, Harry wasn't surprised that she had it in her. At all.

"What about me? Am I chopped liver?"

"Thanks for agreeing to help me and then ask another person to do all your dirty work."

Ginny just flipped him the finger.

Looking in his closet, Harry saw the dark red sweater that he had worn the day that Tom had first asked him to watch the sunset together, the one that his nose had gushed out blood onto. Once again, Harry thanked the fact that scourgify was a spell he was accustomed to.

Throwing it on, Harry was pleased that it was warm enough for winter but also good enough for a first date.

He also followed Ginny's suggestion of the skinny jeans.

What? He's a red-blooded male and there's nothing wrong with a little attention if he wanted it.

In the few minutes before he left, Harry debated fixing his hair, but he knew it would be in vain. Nothing he did would ever style his hair.

So, he left the Gryffindor dormitory and walked to the exit to Hogsmeade.

It was nice to be able to go to Hogsmeade without using his invisibility cloak. When Uncle Remus and Uncle Sirius became parts of Harry's life, they signed the permission forms. Of course, Harry had barely known them before his third year—they had been travelling Europe together, the premature death of Harry's parents teaching them life was short. They figured they would let Harry grow up on his own, and they didn't realize Harry wasn't happy with his life at the Dursleys.

Well, that was because Harry refused to tell anyone. But that was a whole other problem.

He felt his blood start to pump faster as he walked down the large corridors. He hoped this date was great. He had been waiting for this for years, he couldn't fuck it up now that he was finally experiencing it.

As Harry neared the exit, he saw Tom already standing near the door, obviously waiting for Harry to show. He found his feet moving faster.

"Waiting for me?" Harry jokingly asked as he approached Tom. "That's sweet."

Tom looked slightly shocked, not having seen Harry walk up to him. He smiled. "Who else would I be waiting for?" He asked, and offered his arm. "Ready?"

Harry took his arm, and they were off to Hogsmeade.

Hogsmeade was always beautiful during the wintertime. It was primarily made up of cottage-like buildings, lit up by candlelights, and the snow covering the ground and the roofs of houses.

Harry was glad the wizarding community didn't use cars. He remembered back before he knew he was a wizard, and when it was wintertime and there was a snowfall. It was beautiful for a little while, and then the cars kept coming by and the snow slowly turned brown and slushy.