Living with a Delinquent... This can't be Healthy!

This is the sequel to 'spending summer... can't be good!' hope you like it. tell me what you think

“Natalia, come down here!”

Great, I’m in trouble.

“Coming,” I called.

I went downstairs and saw my mom sitting on the couch with my dad, looking at her lovingly. I wish I had someone like that. You could tell my dad really loved my mom.

“Whatever he said, I didn’t do it!” I blurted.

My little brother, Samuel, or Sammy, as he goes by, is a pain in the neck. He’s 4 years younger than me, and it’s his life’s goal to tattle on every single thing I do.

“What are you talking about?” my mom asked, narrowing her eyes.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

She stared at me for a second before taking a breath, looking a bit nervous for some reason. “So Aunt Liv works as one of those people who help troubled kids, you know? And there’s this one boy. He needs a home to stay for awhile, and I told Liv I’d do it,” she said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“Wait, let me get this straight, you’re inviting a troubled boy into our home?” I asked.

“Just for a few months, Natalia. He’ll be with us for the remainder of the school year and attend school with you, and then he’ll leave,” she said calmly. How can she be calm about this?

“Mom! We’re going to be living with a delinquent!” I screamed. She flinched.

“Tal, delinquent is a harsh word. He’s just had some run in with trouble, but that’s in the past,” she said.

“How old is he? What’s his name?” I asked at once.

“He’s a year older than you, Tal. He’s 17, and his name is Aster,” she said. I shook my head.

“I can’t believe you’re so calm about this,” I said.

“Afraid you’re going to fall in love with him?” Sammy teased. One of these days, he better sleep with his eyes open.

“Shut up, runt. I have a boyfriend,” I said.

“Your imaginary boyfriend? The one you dream about?” Sammy said. I lunged at him, but he was small and fast and ran away.

“Uh, runt,” I muttered.

When I went back to my parents, they looked amused.

“You dream about him?” my mom asked. I groaned.

“Not like you, mom,” I said. Yeah, so she told me about how she used to have wet dreams about my dad, and in the end, she got him. She told me all of this during her talk with me about sex. That was like 2 years ago when I got my first boyfriend.

“What’s his name?” my dad asked.

“Peter Shawn,” I said.

“Ah, a Shawn boy,” my dad said, amused.

Practically every girl at school had a Shawn boy that fawned over. The Mr. and Mrs. Shawn has 5 boys and 1 girl. The ages range from 21 to 13, which means that, chances are, you have a crush on one of the Shawn boys.

Peter is the 3rd boy. He’s 17 and in my eyes, the best looking of the group.  

“Don’t worry dad, he’s too good for me,” I said. I was plain. He was like an exotic fruit.

“No one’s too good for my girl,” my dad said. I smiled.

“Hey, don’t forget about the new housemate. He’s coming tomorrow,” my mom reminded. I groaned.

“You’re just inviting him to do something bad,” I said. I turned on my heel and rushed up to my room and called my best friend, Ellie Shawn. Yeah, I’m best friends with the only Shawn girl.

“Only girl in the world speaking,” Ellie sang. I smiled.

“Aye, hey girl,” I said.

“Hey Tal, what’s up?” she asked.

“Are you high?” I asked. “You sound high.” She giggled.

“Duh, I’m high off Sharpies!” she yelled. I laughed. It was kind of a joke of ours. Our school banned the use of Sharpies because apparently, it made you high. We have yet to test that theory but we just thought it was a funny concept.

“So, I’ve got something to tell you,” I said.

“Then spill the beans,” she said.

“My mom has gone completely insane,” I said. She laughed.

“I thought she was insane when she had the sex talk with you,” Ellie said.

“Well, she was then, but guess what?” I asked.

“I don’t know, Tal. You know I’m bad at the guessing. Just tell me,” she whined. Ellie really was bad at guessing.

“My mom is inviting a delinquent to live with us for the rest of the school year!” I said. There was a silence and then a squeal.

“Oh my Shawn! That’s so awesome!” she said. I pulled the phone away and looked at it curiously and put it back to my ear.

“Excuse me, but since when did aliens takeover my friend’s mind?” I asked.

“You’re funny,” Ellie said.

“What are you thinking, El? This is a delinquent we’re talking about!” I said.

“And I repeat: Oh my Shawn!” she said. “Think about it, he’s troubled, so are you. You both bond and have hot monkey sex during a burglary attempt. How hot is that?”

“Ellie, maybe you should lay off the Sharpies for awhile. What you’ve said should never be repeated,” I said, shaking my head. “This is a delinquent. I’m saying deadly dangerous guy who’s living under the same roof.”

“Oh, come on, Natalia. I think it’d be fun to live life on the edge. Besides, I doubt he’s that dangerous,” she said.

“Whatever. I still think my mom is insane for even thinking of bringing him home,” I said. “He’s coming tomorrow.”

“Shut up! You have got to call me and tell me all the details about him!” she said.

“Maybe I should call you back when you’re not high,” I said. She giggled.

“Yeah, sure. Anyways, Pete is calling me to come down to dinner. Talk to you Monday,” she said. “And no, I won’t tell Pete you said hi.”

“Bye,” I said, ignoring the last part.

“Bye!” she sang and then the phone went dead.

I looked at the time. It was 7 at night. I sighed and plopped down on my bed.

What was my mom thinking?