Chapter 8

Athena's pov

Three months later

I was cuddling on the couch on my apartment with Jeremy. He had gone away on a business trip along with his boss for ten days and I really missed him. 'Your didn't mind my useless texting at night right?' I asked him. 'Of course I didn't actually it helped me unwind.' He said kissing my forehead. 'I have decided something Jeremy.' I said to him.

'What?' he asked me. 'I am going to end this once and for all and tell Mr. Harrison my final decision. I will reject his marriage proposal. I love you after all.' I said to him. 'Of course you can, but when are you going to do it.' He asked me. 'Soon, I will even meet dad. I have missed him. I will convince him that I can help him in running the company, you will help us too, right?' I asked him. 'I will be there for you always. But when are you exactly planning to meet Mr. Harrison.' he asked me. 'Soon, I havent figured it out yet but don't worry, I won't tell him about us, you can resign peacefully or continue there if you want to. I love you and never really had interest in that Harrison boy anyway.' I said to him.

'Do as you want.' He said pulling me closer. We were like that for sometime when he suddenly asked me, 'Athena, you gave faith in me and love me, right?' 'Of course, I do. What kind of a stupid question was that?' I asked him. 'Nothing, just asking. I love you.' He said and kissed me. Afterwards he went back to his apartment. I felt weird. What did he ask that question? I am probably thinking too much. I trust him.

Five days later

Almost all my paintings were sold. I did not feel like working on any new ones. I looked at the photo of me and Jeremy in my phone and smiled. Life was so much better when him around. But I knew I had some incomplete things that needed a closure so I went ahead and decided to meet dad today. I knew I was going to face his wrath but I also knew that he will understand. I love Jeremy and want to be with him not Jacob Harrison. I wished him the best in life but I don't want him.

I went to dad's house preparing for the worst. But I was ready to face it. I went inside and everyone was surprised to see me but welcomed me back and told me to wait in the living while thay called dad. I was surprised that he was home but I did not say anything. Dad came down looking a bit weary but  a smile came on his face when he saw me. 'Athena, my dear.' He said and kissed my forehead. I thought I was going to be scolded but he was happy?!

'Dad, I want to tell you something.'i said in a serious. 'I aldready know my dear. Its great. But you should have told me dear, I wouldn't have objected.' He said. 'Dad, you know? And you don't have any objections.' I asked him. 'Of course I don't honey. Why would I?' he said and I smiled. I don't know how he found out but he however he did he was happy with it and respected my decision. I just couldn't wait for him and Jeremy to meet.

'Besides that you and Jacob Harrison look so good together.' He said. 'Me and Jacob?' I asked him. 'See, I even have your pictures.' He said and gave me his phone.

That gave me the shock of my life. Those were pictures of me and Jeremy  that we had taken on his phone. Jeremy was........... 'Dad, this is Jacob Harrison?' j asked him. Dad laughed and said, 'Honey, you are really funny. You and Jacob are together right? And you are asking me if this is him in a picture of you two which Jacob himself sent to me.' he chuckled. I was shocked. Immedietly through his phone(Which did not have any glitches like mine) I googled Jacob Harrison and sure enough his photo came. It was Jeremy. I was shocked.  'Honey what's wrong?' Dad asked me. 'Nothing dad, I will come to the house tomorrow. I will come back to live here. I just remembered something so I have to go.' I said. 'But come back honey, six months with no contact have been hard on your dad.' He said in a sad tone. 'Of course dad, I am so sorry for my stupidity and immature behaviour.' I said to him. I really was a stupid girl. 'Honey, I shouldn't have pressured you into meeting someone and I shouldn't have said whatever I did. I am blessed with the best daughter in the world. Take as long as you want honey to build your life and do whatever you want.' when dad said it tears came in my eyes and I hugged him.

After that I left to back to my apartment one last time. I was so stupid to be fooled by Jeremy a.k.a Jacob Harrison like that. I hated it. I hated him. I was still in a deeo shock. When did he meet dad? What was going on. I entered my apartment still in a state of shock. There was only one person who could answer everything. Jacob.