Chapter 5

Athena's pov

I'm the following days me and Jeremy interacted with each other a lot. He really became a good friend of mine. One day when we both were hanging out together I was checking through my phone but when I opened an app that could tell me something about news there was a glitch and it was not opening. 'Jeremy, some apps and functins on my phone are not working.' I told him. He took a look and said, 'These are just news things. Right now there is nothing going on in the world that is that big. If anything happens I will tell you.' He said.

Actually I just wanted to know how dad was doing. When I went away from the restaurant without telling. I just hoped he would have not taken his anger out on dad because what u did could have hurt his ego.

'Any news about Williams and Co. or Harrisons and Co.? I asked him. 'No, not really. But why are you asking?' he asked. 'Oh, nothing.' I said to him. 'Come on, it's okay Athena. You know you can tell me anything right. We are friends. ' He said to me.

I nodded my head and told him everything. I just needed to ralk to someone. 'So that's the problem?' he asked. 'No I just hope that dad is okay, Harrison and Co is a big company and  I just don't know how that man is. I hope because of him my dad is not stressed out.' I said to him. 'I don't think he will be that bad.' Jeremy replied.

'What does he look like now, your boss? Does he still have a lot of girlfriends? I think the amount must have doubled.' I said to him. 'I don't know about girlfriends but he is very very busy nowadays.' He replied. 'And keeps all of you busy too right.' I chuckled. He always left early in the morning and came back late at night.

'Dad said he had proved to be a game changer with his new strategies for his business and how intelligent he was. I don't know if he even remembers me from four years back.' I said to him.

'Don't you think you must have judged him too fast.' He asked me. 'I really don't want to get married before getting to know that person proper, and him, no.' I replied. 'He was my senior in highschool, I never approached him but heard a lot of things. So, no.'

'So, anyways I am trusting you, please don't let the media know that I am staying over here. It will be a money minting method ahead. I use a diffrent name online as a painter so people don't know.' 'Of course, after this one month, you can trust me Athena.' He said and a smile came on my face. He was a really nice guy.

'Tomorrow can we have lunch together.' He asked me. 'Why?' 'Well, it is my birthday, I am far away from my  family and I really don't want to be alone.' He said. 'Of course! You are my best friend.' I said to him. We hugged and he left.

*Next morning*
The flour was just all over me. Yesterday when Jeremy told me that it was his birthday then I thought I could bake a birthday cake for him but everything was just turning out to be a mess. That was when my bell rang. As I opened the door I saw it was Jeremy. Was it aldready afternoon? I thought I had time.

'Are you OK?' He asked me looking at my messy hair, my sweaty face and my flour covered apron. 'Okay alright, I thought I could bake a birthday cake for you but I am just a mess right now.' I said feeling dejected.

'First of all you are not and second, you know what I'll help you bake that cake.' He said coming in and rolling his sleeves back. 'Are you crazy, you are the birthday boy. You will bake your own cake?' I asked him. 'I took today's day off, so as it is I have nothing to do. Let's do this.' He said heading towards the kitchen.

We had a lot of fun. The caje somewhat came right. He even applied some cream to my face for which I glared at him. But then later on we cut the cake together and he ordered some takeout and we both ate lunch together with each other. It was a really great day. 'Best birthday ever.' He said when we both were sitting on the couch in the evening playing video games. 'My news channels are still not working, anything big in the news?' I asked him. 'No, not really.' He said surfing through his phone.

'I don't even know why these glitches are appearing everywhere.' I said. 'Don't worry Athena, they will eventually go away.' He said in a casual tone. I just shook my head and said, 'I hope so.'

Later on he left to go to his house. It had been a really nice day. He even gave me a hug while leaving.

When he closed his door I felt a sudden empty feeling like I wanted him to stay. In this one month we had spent every weekend together and also had many breakfasts, lunches, dinners together. He was always so funny. Deep inside I only felt one question in my mind, Had I started liking him?