I walk over to the Gryffindor table, seeing Hermione with her nose buried in one of Gilderoy Lockhart's Books. Ron was rolling runs upon gobs of Spellotape over his broken wand. I take a seat across from Harry, who in turn gives me a friendly smile seeing as the others were in their own world.

"Say it. I'm doomed." Ron says grimly staring at his wand.

"You're doomed." Harry and I tell him in sync causing Ron to roll his eyes.

Suddenly a flash went off blinding us for a few seconds. After blinking away the flash, we see a small first year boy with a camera in front of Harry.

"Hiya, Harry. I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too." Colin tells Harry very excitedly.

"Hello, Colin. Nice to meet --" Harry starts to say but is quickly cut off by the excited first year.

"They're for my dad -- the pictures. He's a milkman, you know, a Muggle, like all our family's been until me. No one knew all the odd stuff I could do was magic till we got my letter from Hogwarts. Everyone just thought I was mental." Colin explains to Harry with a huge smile.

"Imagine that. " Ron says a bit sarcastically.

"Say, Harry. D'you think your friend could take a photo of me and you standing together? Y'know, to prove I've met you? " Colin asks, gesturing to Ron.

We glance at Ron, who looks positively homicidal. I was about to offer to take the picture instead to save the poor kid, and us for the rest of the day an rant from Ron, when suddenly owls came flying into the Hall.

"Post is here!" Dean shouts from a little ways away from us at the table.

One after another, the birds swoop gracefully down, clutching letters from home. All except Errol, who plops beak-first into Ron's soup.

"Bloody bird's a menace" Ron says, lifting the bird from the soup before looking at his mail, and the blood drained from his face, "Oh... no."

"Heads up, everyone. Weasley's gotten himself a Howler." Seamus shouts from his seat, getting nearly everyone's attention towards the ginger boy..

"Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my Gran once... and it was horrible." Neville warns Ron. Ron looks pale. Clutched in his hands was a red envelope. Hands shaking, he opens it.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh, and Ginny dear. Congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." Mrs. Weasley's voice had thundered shouts into the great hall, and the Howler moved as if it was the woman herself, she was able to rattle the dishes on the table, along with Ron's spirit it seems by the look on his face.

Ginny, sitting a bit apart from the others, looks up shyly, then returns to the book she's scribbling in, her face slightly flushed from being outed by her mother.

We watch as the letter rips itself to shreds, and Ron's face shows that of one horrified and scared. Then the whole hall seemed to erupt in laughter, causing Ron to turn red nearly matching his hair in embarrassment. Colin then took pictures for Ron as the three of us just gave Ron a sympathetic look.

"Look at it this way. How much worse can things get?" Harry tells Ron.

==================================================

Defense Against the Dark Arts class was one the boys and I were not excited for. Lockhart was going on and on about something, and the rest of the girls in the class seemed to be hooked onto everything he said. I was more intrigued by the moving cage he had on his desk that was being covered by the large cloth.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most- Charming-Smile Award -- But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!" Lockhart babbles and chuckles at his own joke till he saw that no one else was laughing.

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books. Well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in..." Lockhart says, and hands all of us papers.

I glance at the questions and see their all about him. And not just the important things you read in the book, but pointless questions, like his favorite color and best photo side. What even was this test.

"You have thirty minutes. Start -- now! As quills begin to dart across pages, we -- " Lockhart starts to drone on and on for the whole thirty minutes of the test. I blocked him out and tried my best to answer his questions.

Once the time was up Lockhart immediately started to rifle through the completed exams. "Tut, tut. Hardly any of you remembered my favorite color is lilac. But Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl." Lockhart tells the class, causing Hermione to beam with a smile.

Lockhart's expression then suddenly darkens. "Now... be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind! You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here." Lockhart dramatically tells us and turns to the mysterious cage that sat on his desk. "I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them." Lockhart tells us.

I lean forward in my seat, wondering what he has in the cage. Lockhart waits a tick letting the tension rise in the room, then rips off the cover off the cage. There, shaking the cage, were at least a dozen electric blue cornish pixies, trying to open the cage.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus questions, unimpressed by what was being presented to us.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies." Lockhart tells us, as if that made them any more intimidating, which it didn't. Seamus then lets out a snort while laughing causing me to start to giggle in laughter.

"Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan, and Miss. Evans, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them now!" Lockhart says to us, then flings open the cage to the pixies.

The pixies were quick to wizz out of that cage and start to wreck the classroom. The start to break bottles, and fling ink everywhere. All of us were trying to not be in the Pixies grasp. Neville wasn't so lucky, as some grabbed him by his ears and lift him off the ground and put him on a chandelier to hang.

"Come on now, round them up, round them up. They're only pixies." Lockhart tries to tell us, then gets his want out, "Peskipiksi Pesternomi! " he attempts to cast but it does nothing.

A pixie flies over to him, makes a face,and then seizes Lockhart's wand and tosses it out the window. Lockhart, then runs over to his office door. "I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." Lockhart tells Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I. Then slams the door shut. Harry, Ron, Hermione, I stand shocked at what was just told of us. Ron swats a pixie gnawing his ear.

"What do we do now? " Ron asks us.

Hermione and I share a look and retrieve our wants before pointing it in the air, " Immobilus!" We shout, and the spell works, the pixies were now frozen mid air.

Neville then falls onto Lockharts desk, not seeming hurt from what had just occurred, He looks around at the pixies then at us, "Why is it always me?" He asks us, disappointed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope You Enjoy!!

vote

comment

share

lots of luv~ snowflake