"If you are hearing this message, this means that you have tried to call me five times. Truthfully, I did not want to record this since I believed that you knew the calls would not go through. However, sometimes our emotions make us do illogical things. So, if you are listening to this message, I hope it can give you some solace and relief. In that case, I am glad...but I am also saddened that you could be this distraught about my absence.

Bakugou frowned, sighing once more. He was getting upset with himself for having worried her so much that she made the choice to leave him this message.

"Although, I suppose I am also happy about that. Of course, not that you are so distressed, but that you care about me so much that you have come to this point. Feelings and emotions are...complicated."

She chuckled, like even she knew how ironic that sounded coming from her of all people.

"Despite that, I know how I feel about you."

"I love you, Katsuki."

Bakugou's breath hitched.

"I truly love you. Regardless of whether or not we have contact with each other for the next year, I will love you. If anything, I will only fall for you deeper. After all, they do say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you love me too, then please do this one thing for me."

"Forget about me..."

His heart dropped and his breath hitched once again, but this time it was out of fear.

"Please forget about me. I do not mean to say that you can never think about me, but you have your provisional hero license now. You have far more important things to worry about than me not physically being there with you. You promised me that you would become the most amazing hero. That you would be my hero."

The boy could hear the strain slowly flowing into her voice as she continued, bringing a slight sting to his own eyes.

"I look forward to that day, Katsuki. I believe in you more than anyone. So, in order for that promise to come true, I need you to focus. I also need to focus in order to catch up to you. Neither of us can afford to sit around on our asses and mope about being separated from each other."

He chuckled, smirking at her words and challenge, but the sting in his eyes was still very much there.

"So, please...forget about me for now. For both of our sakes. Of course, I will do the same, but that does not mean my feelings for you will go away. My feelings will never waver. I will be supporting you even if I cannot be with you right now."

"Do your best, Katsuki. I love you."

As he heard a click, signaling the end of the message, the sting in his eyes grew nearly unbearable. He grit his teeth, his head falling into his hands as he leaned his elbows on his knees. He let out a shaky breath as he tightly gripped his phone, his knuckles turning a bright white. He shut his eyes as hard as he could, pressing his palms against them to do as much as possible to stop himself from letting the tears fall.

Unsteadily breathing in and out, he pressed some buttons on the phone screen and raised his phone to his ear.

"Hello, Katsuki..."

He listened to her message again.

He repeated it over and over, listening intently to her beautiful voice.

.

.

.

When he heard the ding of the elevators, Kirishima looked over to see Bakugou completely decked out in his hero costume. His main concern was that the blond's eyes seemed to be a bit pink which might have been the result of crying. "Bakugou! Where are you going?" The redhead asked worriedly.