Really Confused

Trigger warning: mention of self-harm

So here's the thing, I've been cutting myself for a few weeks now, but it doesn't mean anything, of course. Just once every other morning, so I can feel something when I wake up. I only do it because I'm bored. But something happened at school today and it got me really confused.

You see, I was just going to tell my friend about this song that I recently gotten into, it's by Beyoncé it's called "Don't Hurt Yourself". As I told her the title she quietly says "But you did though." And I'm just really confused.

Why did she say that? I know she knows that I cut myself. I told them, rather proudly, about it. But what's that supposed to mean. Does she care? Or was she making a joke, and it fell flat? She could stop me, right? Why didn't she if she cared?

The thing is when she said it, she sounded almost offended. Like I had just betrayed her, put a knife in her back, and twisted it.

All these questions were never answered, because we didn't really talk about it again. Not like I'd ever bring it up.

Now don't go and worry about me, I'm fine. You see, my mom saw my arm a few weeks later. She got a bit teary eyed, sat me down, and asked me "Why did you do that to yourself?". The whole time I was acting casual, nonchalant, like seeing bloody red lines across your daughters wrists were a normal occurrence, and fed her the same bullshit I've been feeding you and my friends.

"I was just bored, I'm fine."

A/N:
I'mma try random shit rn, we're in quarantine so I'm bored af and no one can stop me. These are fiction btw, just stuff that might be okay to read if you're feeling angsty. Hope y'all enjoy

From your emo ass,

Fx