5

After the horrid start with the Hogwarts Express incident, I wasn't really looking forward to what might be waiting for us at the castle.
Snape was headmaster and that was the final proof You Know Who now owned the school.

I was relieved however that not considering the Carrows, who now were both deputy headmasters and in charge of Defense Against the Dark Arts and Muggle Studies, all the other usual teachers were there and seemingly as unhappy as I was.

When professor Flitwick handed me my time table with the classes I was supposed to take, I found that of course the Carrows' classes were mandatory for everybody.
I breathed in and out until I could find in my memories my uncle's voice. Be careful Josie.

My first encounter was with Alecto during Muggle Studies and, as expected, the whole lesson was a disgusting assault to muggles and muggle borns.
I was almost without breath at the end of the first half hour: that vicious little rat woman had spent the entire time explaining how muggles were just like cockroaches to wizards and witches and as such the only place fit for them was under the soles of our shoes; it was disgusting and dishonorable that we mixed with them, and the 'blood contamination' brought as a direct result Squibs and decreased power.
I had never been more offended in my whole life.
My uncle Oberon was a half blood, like me, and he had more magic in his pinky than this witch could ever summon!
Let them call you names, Josie.

I took a deep breath and looked around me.
We were paired with Slytherin for this class, but everyone pretty much stuck to their own house.
It was kinda scary to look at my left and see a united front of adult witches and wizards slowly nodding in approval of what was being said.
Sure we were in school, but I couldn't fool myself: we were all adults by law and those sitting right there were all future Death Eaters. Some of them might have the mark already.

I shook my head; I shouldnt be so blindsided, there probably were Slytherins who didn't support Him .
Still I wouldn't trust anyone.

Sasha and I walked in silence out of the room as soon as the lesson was finished and headed towards the dining hall without a word.
It was lunchtime and I wasn't hungry as usual: my stomach was actually knotted up and I couldn't bring myself to eat a bite.

"That was disgusting" commented Sash

"I know"

"And did you see how the slytherins all nodded at everything she said? Like it was some great truth!"

"Or how she called on every pure blood to compliment them on being superior?" I recolled, feeling even more depressed

"It sickens me!"

"And it's only lunchtime!" I moaned thinking about the rest of the day

"Oh! And now I have to go!" Sasha jumped up after looking at her watch

"Already?"

"Sorry Jo, I'm going to be late for Occlumancy!" She ran out while still chewing

I had a little more time before having to head to Herbology and then Transfiguration, so I let my eyes wonder about the room noting how much more grey and cold it seemed.

"Hello Jo!" Luna sat in front of me with her blonde hair fashioned in bouncing curls

"Hey Luna" I sighed, shoving some of whatever food I had on my plate in my mouth "You did something to your hair"

"Yes, Ginny did" she replied pointing at the red haired girl sitting at the Gryffindor table "She feels lonely ever since Harry left for his mission"

I decided to put my questions about Potter and his mission aside for the time being
"I like it" I simply stated, putting more food in my mouth

"Thank you! I'll tell her"