𝟶𝟾| 𝟑𝟎-𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫-𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, they did. Did they ask you?" Billy answered, and your gaze panned over to him. You recalled his little visit to your house this morning, flushing at the mere thought.

"Why would they ask if you like to hunt?" Tatum asked.

"Cause their bodies were gutted." Randy said, and you cringed at the image in your head.

"Thank you, Randy." Billy replied sarcastically.

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt." Tatum said, feeling excluded.

"That's cause there's no way a girl could've killed them." Stu stated with a laugh, throwing an arm over Tatum's shoulder.

"That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female. Basic Instinct." Tatum remarked, naming the perfect movie to prove her boyfriend wrong.

"That was an ice pick. Not exactly the same thing." Randy countered almost immediately.

"It was a man." You chimed in, and everyone stopped to look at you. No one noticed how Billy and Stu shared a peculiar look.

"How can you be sure if the killer was masked?" Tate asked though she rested a hand on your knee to show her sympathy.

"I just am," You said. "He had the strength of a dude."

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were hallowed out. " Stu said in agreement with you. "And the fact is, it takes a man to do something like that."

"Or a man's mentality," Tatum retorted sassily.

"How do you... gut someone?" Sid finally spoke up after a brief period of silence. She looked as if she had been in a deep reflection all day. With the murders being so close to her mother's anniversary, it felt too coincidental.

"You take a knife, and you slit 'em from groin to sternum," Stu explained to the brunette. You couldn't mask your grimace as you recalled Steve's pained face before he died.

Billy was quick to notice the uncomfortable expression you wore and immediately called Stu out, "Hey, it's called tact. You fuckrag."

Grateful, you mouthed a 'thank you' to him, but he just shrugged it off.

"Hey, Stu, didn't you used to date Casey?" Sidney questioned, redirecting the topic to something lighter.

"Yeah, for like two seconds." Stu scoffed.

"Before she dumped him for Steve," Randy added, and Stu's smile instantly fell. "Didn't she, Y/n?"

Of course, Randy would drag you into the debate. With you being the closest to Casey, she'd obviously tell you if that were true which, unfortunately for Stu, was.

"Uhh..." You hesitated, not liking that the spotlight was on you again. Luckily, Tatum saved you by jumping in, "I thought you dumped her for me."

"I did. He's full of shit." Stu defended.

"And are the police aware that you dated the victim?" Randy inquired, indirectly accusing the boy of being the murderer.

"Hey, what're you saying? That I killed her?"

"It would certainly improve your high school 'Q'." Randy jibed.

"Don't be a dick." You sneered, and Randy winced as you smacked his knee.

"Stu was with me last night, okay?" Tatum revealed with a beguiling smile as she leaned into him. "Yeah, I was." Stu stuck his tongue out.

"Was that before or after he sliced in diced?" Randy uttered the last bit in an overly dramatic way, and you rolled your eyes.

Sidney, on the other hand, began to look ill as Billy sat up behind her.

"Fuck you, nutcase. Where were you last night?" Tatum asked while laughing.

"Working, thank you."

"At the video store? I thought they fired your ass." She retorted.

"Yeah, twice. I'd give it another month before they do it again." You replied, and Randy gave you the finger.

"I didn't kill anybody." Stu randomly said, eyes narrowing on nothing in particular.

"Nobody said you did." Billy pointed out, tilting his head at the boy.

"Thanks, buddy!" Stu grinned.

"Besides, it takes a man to do something like that," Randy mocked the previous words of Stu, mimicking his voice perfectly.

Stu let out half-assed laugh as he leaned forward, "I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, kid."

"Tell me something," Randy spoke in a cartoonish voice while standing. "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? Cause I heard they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and pancreas."

"Randy, you goon! Fuck, I'm trying to eat here." Tatum exclaimed, throwing her food at him.

"She's getting mad, alright?" Stu said as Randy sat back down, and reached for more of Tatum's grapes. "Better liver alone man."

Sidney, who was seemingly annoyed by what they were saying, started to collect her things. You watched as she got up and left without another word.

You couldn't help but feel the same as Stu began to laugh at his own grotesque joke. It bothered you how insensitive they were being about this whole situation.

"You guys can be real pinheads, sometimes." You said to the two boys before standing and heading inside as well.