Chapter 18

"Dev!" I yell as I run into his arms. He hugs me and kisses everywhere but my lips.

"God.... I love you so much... I don't want to loose you again....." He breathes, as he kisses my forehead.

I hold his face and make our foreheads touch. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving you again... I love you....." I say to him, then pull him down. My lips meet his, his delicious lips. The lips I long cried for. Needed. Love.

He slips his tongue in my mouth and explores. A small moan escapes my lips. He lifts me up and walks to God knows where.

"Scarlet," a voice whispers.

I ignore the voice and enjoy the moment.

"Scarlet..." The voice repeats my name. Again I ignore it.

*******+++++*********+++++***********

"Slut! Wake the fuck up!" My best friend's yells.

I grab a shoe from under the bed and throw it randomly. "Shut up....." I murmur, twisting my body around.

A hand touches my back. "I got a bucket of cold water and your favorite book. Get the fuck up. Or I spill the water and you and take pages from your book and place it on your soon-to-be-wet back." She threatens, removing her hand from my back.

I open my eyes and throw myself off my bed and land face first on the floor. I unwrap the blankets from my legs and jump up, landing on my feet. I blow my hair out of my face and glare at a smiling Ginger.

"Happy?" I ask, as I walk towards my closet.

"Very," she chirps, siting down on my bed.

I grab a towel and search for something to wear. As I look for sweats, my eyes land on a plaid shirt. I run my hand through it and sigh. I close my eyes and remember how it got here.

+*Flashback*+

I pulled Devin towards me and hugged him from behind. "Do you really have to go?" I ask, pouting a bit.

He chuckled and turned around, facing me. He held my face in his hands and stared into my eyes. "Yes. I'll be back next Sunday. I'll call you, text you, face-time you. Every day and night," he whispered, then kissed me.I closed my eyes and enjoy the softness of his lips. He pulled away and took something out of his bag. "Here, my favorite shirt. Wear it whenever you want to, a reminder that I'll be by your side," he said, handing me a black and white plaid t-shirt.

I took it and placed it on my lap. "Okay... I'll miss you a lot," I whispered.

He kissed my forehead and picked up his bag. "Not as much as I'll miss you," he challenged, walking towards his car.

I waved goodbye and watched as he placed the bag inside his car and turned around and blew me a kiss. I blew him one back and chuckled as he 'caught" it and placed it on his chest. He got in the car and waved one last goodbye and sped off.

+*End Of Flashback*+

I wore that shirt every night that week. And placed it in my closet early Sunday morning.

I sigh and remove my hand off the shirt. I grab a pair of loose jeans and a cropped shirt. I walk towards the bathroom, ignoring Ginger as she yelled at the t.v. I enter the bathroom and turn on the hot water. I place the towel and my clothes aside and dip my hand in the shower, feeling the water. I put the water a bit warmer and take my hand out. I remove my clothes and enter the shower, tying my hair into a high bun.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

"So... Why are we doing this again?" I ask Ginger, as walk around the park, for the fifth time.