"It's awesome to see you too," I tell him earnestly 

His eyes crinkle as a smile breaks out, lighting up his face. 

We nod at each other in respect, and he reaches around to clap my shoulder. 

"I missed you, buddy."

"Will you two just sit down and save the sappy reunion for a spare room?" June cuts in sardonically.

Tommy and I burst into laughter before looking back at each other.

"I'll reserve the hotel room for tonight after the party," I joke.

"And I'll bring the chocolate and whipped cream," Tommy giggles in a high-pitched tone. "Babe!" He turns and looks at SueEllen, who's sighing with her palm pressed against her forehead as she looks at us mockingly.

"Yes dear?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm busy tonight. Don't wait up for me." He winks at June and grins creepily at her, pulling me close. I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively at her as I wrap an arm around Tommy's waist. "Thanks for the idea, June."

"Don't leave me out!" Wes exclaims, striding over to us and throwing his arms around our shoulders. "It's going to be a fun night, eh boys?" he hollers, and he claps our shoulders.

"Bobby, you in?" Carrie Ann asks him through a fit of laughter. 

Bobby looks at us with his eyebrows furrowed and his face pinched in, like he just smelled something really bad. "I think I'm going to have to sit this one out."

"Mommy?" Carson asks, tugging at June's shirt. "What's Daddy and Uncle Tommy and Colt talking about? They have chocolate?"

Everyone ends up in stitches at Carson's innocence, and Tommy breaks away from Wes and me and picks up little Carson, perching him on his waist.

"Don't you worry, lil' whippersnapper. You'll find out soon enough," he laughs.

I wipe my eyes of the tears from all of my laughing and nod.

It's so easy to forget all of the conflicts and hardships when you're surrounded by such good people.

Wes leaves, chuckling under his breath, to sit with June on the other couch, and I hold up the two presents that Brooke and I brought.

"Where should I put these?" I ask Carrie Ann through some residual laughter.

"Just set them down anywhere. At this point, it's just straight up chaos so we'll grab them later."

I nod and sit down next to Brooke, who scoots over closer to me and wraps an arm around my bicep. With my free hand, I gesture to my family. I point them out to her, and everyone waves or greets her back.

"You're beautiful!"

"Colt's told us so much about you."

"We're so glad to finally be able to meet Colt's girl."

Just like I knew they would, they accept her with such grace and hospitality.

The kids all take the liberty of introducing themselves to her, too, and Lizzie sticks to Brooke like glue.

"Where are your parents, Carrie Ann?" I ask her, noticing that Mr. and Mrs. Bradbury aren't here to celebrate their granddaughter turning five.

I watch as Carrie Ann tenses in her chair.

"With Beau in Ireland," she answers curtly, and I don't press the subject. Although we weren't all that close, I knew she had family issues. Her parents always favored Beau growing up, and it shouldn't surprise me that they aren't here.