Amena

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Amena said to her friend. She was finally starting to enjoy school. She had a new friend to look forward to now, and someone who could stand up to Bakugo for her. Though she did wonder, why was she needed at the office?

As she made her way toward the front office, she noticed her parents standing there, ready to greet her. She seemed confused by this but shrugged it off. It was always nice to see her family after a long day of school.

"There's my little Water Lily." Her dad smiled at her as her mom softly grabbed her hand and they walked home together.

"We need to have a talk." Her mom said as they walked inside together. Her mom sat her between her and her father as they both looked at her. "We've transfered you out of that school." Ame looked at her mom in confusion. "Katsuki's bullying has gotten out of hand, we feel it's better for you if you're homeschooled."

"You can't!" Ame gasped. "I didn't-"

"What do you mean?" Her father asked, "We thought you'd be happy to hear this... After all the times that kid has made you cry."

"I- Yeah, I'm happy..." The girl lowered her voice. She didn't want to argue with her parents after they went through all this trouble for her. "I'm sorry."

Her mom and dad chuckled a little. "It's fine. No need to be sorry." Her father pat her head gently as her mom gave a soft smile. Her parents stood up and walked into the kitchen to get food ready for later that day as Amena walked into her room.

"I didn't get to say goodbye." She states softly to herself. She begins walking to her bed, but is stopped when she notices a Verbena. She could feel a tear form in her eye, but she clenched her fist tightly. Don't cry idiot, she wouldn't want that. You can't cry anymore...

~~~

Over the course of the next few days, Ame couldn't stop thinking about what Ruri must be feeling. She thought the poor girl must have felt abandoned. She felt bad for leaving her friend when they promised to be together forever. But, Ame couldn't fight her fate. She didn't have the urge or enough strength.

"Mom, dad." The girl's soft voice could be heard as she made her way out of the room. "Can I go see Ruri...?" She asked hesitantly.

"Hm? Who's Ruri?" Her mother questioned the young child. The girl looked a bit confused at first, but then realized she had never told them about the girl. Maybe it was better this way. She didn't want to make her parents feel bad after all the trouble they went to to get her away from Katsuki Bakugo.

"You must be getting lonely huh?" Her father soon asked. "I can see why. Your mother and I aren't much company with all our hero work, maybe we can call your aunts and have them come play with you!" Her dad always did everything he could to keep her happy.

"I haven't seen them in a while!" Ame cheered, excited by the thought. Though, she still wondered back to Ruri.

"Well, there is something else..." Her mom began, "Ame hun... How do you feel about having a little brother?" She gave a gentle smile.

The little girl's eyes widened a bit. "Whoa! I'm getting a brother?"

Her mom and dad nodded with soft smiles as they saw the excitement on their child's face. "Alright, daddy has to go out for more hero work now though, so you two take care of yourselves." Her father smiled down and kissed her lightly on the forehead before turning to his wife and giving her a hug. "Take care of your mother for me Ame!" He laughed before he walked out of the house.

What a nice wholesome family, wouldn't it be a shame if say... Something were to happen to it?

Once Ame's father left, her mother looked down to her. "So, tell me about this 'Ruri' person."

Ame frowned a little as she thought back to her friend. "She's the only friend I have- Er, had at school." The timid girl answered slowly. "She was the only one willing to stand up to Bakugo with me."

"Are you sure she was real?" Her mother asked. "You've never talked about her before. Maybe she was just someone you thought of, so you could stand up to Bakugo on your own."

Ame was taken aback by those words. What did she mean?! Of course Ruri was real! How couldn't she be?! "She is real! I know she is!" Ame cried before running to her room. She remembered all the times her and Ruri spent together, the feeling of happiness, that feeling that she wasn't alone... But she also thought that maybe her mom had been up to something. The only other person who had talked to them was Bakugo, and Ame did stand up to him on her own... But those memories, they felt so real.

~~~

As the days continued without Ruri in Ame's life anymore, time seemed to flow slower. The girl felt incredibly alone. The days turned into weeks and Ame's memories of her once dear friend faded slightly, but just enough. The confused young girl convinced herself that Ruri was only a part of her mind. She felt as though she had no one to talk to. At least, no one to tell her feelings to. She didn't want to burden her parents anymore than she already had.

Of course the girl couldn't understand why her parents would sacrifice so much for her. Taking her out of school and cutting down their work so they could homeschool her. Ame couldn't comprehend it. She felt as though she had taken something from them. A life they could have had more happily. She took that away from them.

Ame felt tears rising in her eyes as she leaned into her pillow. She had no motivation to get up or leave. After all of those thoughts clouding her mind last night, she was guaranteed to have a bad dream, and sure enough she had.

"Mom... Dad." She said as she hugged her pillow closer to her chest. She couldn't hold her tears back anymore. Her voice was shaky and her mind was racing as she finally let the tears escape her. She missed Ruri, whether she was real or not. She was still a friend to Ame.

A soft knocking could be heard on the door. The gentle knocking of a mother. "Ame hun?" Her mother asked. "It sounds like you're crying in there. What's wrong?" She pushed the door open slightly and peaked her head in.

"M-mom!" Ame stuttered and quickly jumped out of her bed, running to her mom and holding her as tight as her little arms could. "D-don't ever l-leave me!" She sobbed.

Her mom knelt down to her level. "Water Lily... What's wrong?" She asked, patting the child's head every so softly to comfort her.

"I t-thought... I thought you- I-" Ame could hardly speak. Her mom simply soothed her while she awaited her child's response. "I had a dream... I- it was my fault... y-you and daddy... You both d-died b-because of me."

Her mom hated seeing her child like this. She wanted to cry for her baby, but she knew she had to be strong for her. She forced a smile on her face, "That will never happen my sweet Water Lily." She paused before wrapping her loving arms around the little girl. "I promise."

But not every promise is made to be kept.

And not every family is meant to be whole.

"You pr-promise?" Amena sniffled a little at her mother's words.

"Of course I do sweety." Her mother kept up her positive vibe.

Ame whipped her tears and smiled up at her mom. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. If only she knew what was in store for her. Everything was fine when Ruri was there, when Ruri was more than just imaginary. But ever since the two parted ways, everything seems to have gone down hill.

One child left a broken mess, and the other left with nothing but destruction in her path.