Chapter 41: Mayhem

Pic cred kookv_an_oxygen

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung rubs his eyes, tries to get out sleepy trance. He very well heard Jeongguk that they have to leave but Jeongguk just stopped talking and looking at the open window with wide eyes.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung whispers and the racer looks at him.

"I think they're close, on the roads maybe but we have to do. Bogum texted, said we can't stay at one place." Jeongguk says, grabbing the backpack and his dead phone.

He takes out Taehyung's phone that he had in the back and gives it to Taehyung.

"Text Bogum, tell him we're moving." Jeongguk says. Taehyung isn't panicking and neither is Jeongguk because they can't afford that right now, not at all because they become a complete different person when they panic or are angry.

"What did he say?" Taehyung asks just as Jeongguk messes up the area that they clean in hopes to stay the night.

"You father has his men looking for us, he himself is looking for us and I don't thi k they're far." Jeongguk says.

"What?" Taehyung whispers. Don't panic. Don't panic.

"Hey, it's okay. Come on." Jeongguk extends his hand towards Taehyung, looks at him with soft eyes and Taehyung nods, takes his hand and intertwines them.

"Let's go." Jeongguk whispers and Taehyung nods, lets Jeongguk lead him outside and towards the car that they hid in the nearby woods.

"I can't get any signals." Taehyung says.

"But they were working fine on my phone. I received Bogum's texts an hour ago." Jeongguk says.

"They're messing up. I'll just text him and hopefully he gets it." Taehyung says, typical the message that they're leaving. "He'll know where we are though."

"Jeongguk, where are we going now?" Taehyung asks in a small voice.

"Busan." Jeongguk utters.

"But we can't go to your mother! Sungho's first target will definitely be your mother's house to find us and---".

"I never said we're going to my mother's. I never visit her in her husband's house." Jeongguk says and Taehyung falls silent.

"Oh. I thought we were going there, sorry." Taehyung utters.

"Don't be." Jeongguk says and silence surrounds them but it's not uncomfortable at all.

"Sooner or later, Sungho will find us, what will we do then?" Taehyung asks after a few minutes and Jeongguk takes a deep breath.

"I don't know. I really don't." Jeongguk says and of course he doesn't know, Taehyung doesn't know but they need to talk about it, that what will happen if they're caught.

"We can't keep running away. He'll---".

"You said you're not scared but I think you are and honestly, so am I but I'm not scared of him---I'm just scare of you being taken away from me, that's all." Jeongguk utters and Taehyung looks at him with a sad smile.

"He won't take me away from you just as I won't let him take you away from me. I don't care what it'll cost me." Taehyung says.

"I don't want you getting hurt because of me. You've done so much for me, let me do something for you too, for us." Jeongguk replies, feels the warmth of Taehyung's hand on his shoulder.

I Surrender | tkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें