Chapter 3

I ran hard and fast, my black shoes pounding the pavement beneath me. My breathing became heavy and I began to get tired, but my adrenaline pushed me harder. I turned a corner hard and found the sort that leads to my room. I normally turn right here to go to my torture chambers, but what happens if I go left? Just then a loud screeching noise pierced my ears, making my teeth rattle. I covered my ears, but I could still hear the alarm loud and clear.

"Attention all employees, attention."
A female voice said over a loud speaker. "Experiment Ella876 has escaped. This is a very dangerous specimen and should not be underestimated. It has passed its final test. I repeat it is very dangerous, if found lock all doors and call security. Security: arm yourselves. Whatever happens, do not let it escape, I repeat, do not let it escape!"

Ella876? Ella? Was that my name? Experiment? My brain had many questions bouncing around inside. Then I remembered the last words she said: "Do not let it escape". I shook in fear, but I had to keep moving, it was my only chance to get my freedom. I ran down the hallway to the left and rounded many corners. The hallways looked completely the same, concrete walls and bright lights. I looked around, trying to decide where to go next.

"Found it!"

I whipped around and found the source of the voice. At the end of the hall were a group of 5 security guards. I felt my eyes widen.

"Get her!"

The mob ran towards me, and the leader pulled out what I recognized as a taser. Others pulled out handguns and more tasers. Half of me had the urge to turn and run, but my other half, my new half, said to stay and fight. I made the split second decision: I was going to fight.

I took a deep breath, imagined myself fighting and got into a defensive stance just as the leader lunged at me with the taser ready. I ducked and flipped him over my back. I heard him fall behind me hard.

The next guard had a handgun, I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, making him drop the gun. I front kicked him in the stomach, the second guard fell back into the wall and took out another guard. Both didn't move.

Only two left. The last two didn't advance immediately, but kept both their guns trained on me. Then the one on my left shot, but I found myself dodging the bullet, and then grabbed his gun, pointing it at the ceiling and firing. The bullet lodged itself into a light and the hallway went darker. I then elbowed the man in the nose, and he fell to the ground, his gun still in my hands.

I turned and pointed the gun at the last guard. He simply put his hands up in defeat.

"Down on the ground."

I growled. He dropped to his knees, and I took his other gun and tucked it into the waist line of my jeans. Then I took his walkie talkie, and smashed it under my sneaker.

"The exit." I demanded.

He pointed down the hall to the right.

"Turn, right again and you see a silver door open it, and you're out." He said, in a miserable tone.

I nodded not taking my aim or eyes off him as I rounded the corner and began running out.

-------------------------------------------

My blurry reflection shown in the polished metal door that was supposedly my portal to freedom. I pulled it open and look in. I saw what looked like a deserted hotel lobby. Fancy futuristic furniture all around, everything sliver and white, but nobody was there.

I walked in and cocked my gun, ready to fire. I walked around slowly, expecting something to pop out at me, but nothing. It remained silent. Then I spied something that brought tears to my eyes. A glass door, that had lights from the outside world reflecting in. I ran for it, my heart pumping with joy. I plowed through the door and took a deep breath of fresh air. It tasted so sweet and I jumped for joy. Then I took in my surroundings. In front of me was a bright big city, full of light and life. Japanese signs and English advertisements glittered everywhere. In the street in front of me where lots of people. I watched in awe as a street trolly glided by on its tracks. I knew this place, how? I didn't know. I'm in San Fransokyo.