Chapter Eleven

(Kelsey’s P.O.V.)

I stepped out of the airport and Louis tried to call a car. I breathed in the sharp, New York air. We were nearing the end of November and I wished I had a jacket. “Hey, I got a car. They should be here in about twenty minutes,” Louis said, walking out and digging his hands into his pockets.

“I have like, fifty missed calls from Harry,” I said, showing him my screen. Louis chuckled.

“He must have noticed we’re gone. Ignore it, if he founds out where we are he won’t be happy and he’ll probably fly out here himself,” Louis said, waving his hand. I shrugged.

“All right. We should get a hotel room! Where do you want to stay?” I asked, already excited.

“THE PLAZA YES!” he shouted, causing a few people to stare. I hushed him and shook my head.

“No way. That’s really expensive and I have no money,” I said firmly. He rolled his eyes.

“But I’m rich, so it doesn’t matter. And I want to stay there, so we’re staying there. And I hear they give out really great toiletries,” he said, winking at me. I laughed and crossed my arms.

“Fine. We’ll stay at the Plaza for the toiletries, but I’m paying you back when I get a job,” I said. He snorted.

“No you’re not.”

“Whatever.”

“So why was your lamp broken?” he asked. I felt my insides freeze, but I managed to remain impassive on the outside. I giggled and shook my head.

“Oh that! I was just jumping on my bed and I accidentally kicked my lamp and it fell on the ground and broke,” I said breezily, lightening my mood. He laughed and hugged me around the neck.

“You don’t seem like the type of person who jumps on beds,” he said.

“Well what type of person is that?” I asked, sounding offended. He shrugged.

“Oh – I don’t know – and eight-year-old,” he said, squeezing me from behind. I rolled my eyes.

“Well fuck you too,” I said, elbowing him in the gut. He grunted and let go of me.

“You’re mean, Kelso,” he winced. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“It’s my thing. Deal with it.”

(Niall’s P.O.V.)

“Niall. Niall. Niall! NIALL GET UP!”

I opened my eyes groggily and I found myself looking at a very irritated Harry. He was glaring down at me and holding a small book in his hand.

“Whaddaya want?” I mumbled. He whacked me on the head with a pillow.

“I’m serious mate, get up! I have to show you something I’m worried about,” he shouted. He seemed pretty nervous about something, so I sat up straight and rubbed my eyes. I checked the clock on my bedside table and groaned.

“Harry, it’s four in the morning! Could you please show me whatever the hell this is at a godly hour?” I said, flopping back down. He grabbed me and pulled me out of bed, dropping me on the floor.

“No, I can’t! It’s important! It’s about Kelsey, something’s wrong with her,” he said. This made me curious, so I stood up.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, ruffling my own hair. He ran a hand through his hair and shook it, looking stressed. Harry actually looked like he might cry and I was starting to get freaked out. He handed me the book and nodded.