Just a flick of her wrist, she can pin a rat onto a treetrunk by the neck. You witnessed that first hand, it was a terrifying sight to see. Blood trickling down its flesh from the wound as it struggled to break free with its last breath.

She had the audacity to say her skills became 'rusty' because she was aiming for the eye not the neck.

Her kills are usually rats, you were surprised at the amount of rats living around the area. She doesn't eat them, but she skins them before feeding it to her coyotes. She dried their hides under the sun before using it to make you a leather 'purse'.

Harlowe is terrible at sewing, but you were wise enough not to voice your opinions out. You just thanked her upon receiving her gift.

Her ethics are completely different from yours. What a coincidence, a coyote died earlier from old age. You remember seeing Harlowe and the whole pack mourn it's death.

You thought that she was going to give it a proper burial, you were dead wrong. She pulled out a dagger and started skinning it, you watched her complete the task with a gaping mouth. You cringe at the schlicking and squelching sound it produced.

Why didn't the rest attack her? She's disrespecting the dead body of their own species!

She returned covered in blood, her left hand held the bleeding hide while her right held a dripping dagger.

Harlowe had a heavy expression on her face as she steps into her trailer. You stayed to see what would the coyotes do to the remains. You covered your mouth in shock when you saw them eating the remains, their movements were sluggish and hesitant, though.

It was hard to wash that image away from your brain, especially when it's accompanied with multiple howls.

This was a completely new experience. You held a marshmellow stick over a campfire Harlowe started.

The only thing illuminating the surrounding area is the fire.

Its not like the trailer has any electricity anyways. The reason why the oven works is because Harlowe invested in a mini generator that is now falling apart. She tried not to use it too much, it's reserved for emergency purposes.

You had to use oil lanterns and candles as lighting.

"—and then, you smush the roasted marshmellow in between two graham crackers. There ya go! Smores!" Harlowe took a bite out of her sweet treat.

"...I uhh, think that's a little over-roasted, Harlowe." You eyed her severely burnt marshmellow, it could be mistakened as charcoal. She shrugged and smiled at you.

"Hey, I like it 'caramelized'. It's not burnt, it's just the damn soot comin' from this fire." She laughed. "Extra nutrients!"

You nervously chuckled along as you took your own stick away from the flame. Yours is perfectly golden-brown and gooey inside.

"Y'know (y/n), you're the best thing to ever happen to me." Harlowe scoot closer towards you and wrapped her lean, tattooed arm around you. She kissed you on the temple and rubbed her cheek against yours.

She watches you blow cool air on your marshmellow. Harlowe giggled at the adorable sight presented in front of her.

"No one ever made me feel the way you do..." she mumbled in your neck.

"You have any exes?" Harlowe froze.

"What?"

"Like, old flames. Past lovers." You cautiously asked. Time to do some gem mining.