Chapter 14

It's Saturday and Monday is the first day of school. I lost my baby at the beginning of summer break and I haven't talked to Manny since we broke up. I miss him but I feel like I shouldn't reach out. I feel like I was wrong and I feel like he don't wanna talk to me anymore. There's nothing I can but about that but I still got love for Manny and I always will.

My momma is on vacation with her boyfriend and it's a party tonight. It's the last party before the school year starts and I'm in that bitch.

...

I walked in the packed ass house and all eyes turned on me

I walked in the packed ass house and all eyes turned on me. I feel like I'm in a movie. People made a path to the dance floor and just looked at me. I went to the middle and started dancing and so did everybody else.

My song came on so I had to act up. I got on the island in the kitchen that's connected to the living room and started dancing and singing as people sung and started geeking my head up. "Same group of bitches ain't no adding in the picture!", I sung as I held my dress and twerked.

I felt somebody behind me as I danced. I looked and saw Manny. We just looked at each other. He looked at me disgusted then jumped down and left. I got down and followed him while everybody finished partying. "Emanuel?!", I shouted stopping him. He turned around as I walked to him. "What was that about?", I asked.

"Ian know it was you. Ya hair different. My fault.", he said.

"Ok what's wrong with me? We could've danced."

"Nah."

"Nah what?", I asked. He just looked away from me. "How you been?", I asked after a while.

"You don't care.", he said.

"What makes you think that?"

"It's been months Justice, a lot happened. A lot that I didn't have a best friend for meaning I had to deal with that shit alone. Still got to." Something bad happened.

"Let's go to the park and talk, like old times.", I said. He just looked at me. "Don't make me beg.", I said. He just looked at me. I poked out my lips.

"Ion wanna go to the park, let's go sit in my yard. I got a nice yard.", he said.

"I'll follow you."

...

We're in his backyard now. He moved into a nicer place in a better neighborhood. He still in the ghetto but he moved to a better part of the ghetto.

He pulled two chairs to us and we sat down. "What's been up?", I asked.

"My momma passed right before the anniversary of my brothers death. Everybody blamed me cause I didn't make sure she took her medicine. Our whole family live here and I gotta make sure she takes her medicine. She always told me she did though and I believed her. I had to deal with two deaths alone Justice. I really needed you.", she said with a crack in his voice. I sad on his lap and hugged him as we both cried.

After a while cries turned into laughing. "Let's get a bottle and smoke.", I said after we stopped laughing.

"I can't, not tonight. I get my son in the morning.", he said. My heart just fell in my ass.

"So the kid was yours."

"Yeah." It got quiet. "I mean we can get high though."

"I gotta get going. Starting to feel a little sick.", I said as I stood up and started walking to the front.

"Let me walk you out.", he said.

"We're already out Emanuel." I finished walking to my car in silence.

After I got in I hit my head on the steering wheel. The mother of his child was supposed to be me.