ix. denial

❝ 𝗱𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗮𝗿𝗱 ❞

𝖩𝖠𝖭𝖴𝖠𝖱𝖸 𝟤𝟧𝗍𝗁, 𝟣𝟫𝟪𝟧.
𝖠𝖥𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖲𝖢𝖧𝖮𝖮𝖫.
𝖮𝖫𝖨𝖵𝖤𝖱'𝖲 𝖧𝖮𝖴𝖲𝖤.

"YOU HAD A THING FOR THIS WHEELER DUDE?" Oliver asked her, as the two were sitting down on the floor in his room.

"Kind of. I mean, I don't know. We weren't dating or anything because of his psycho ex-girlfriend. Well, I thought it was about her. It seems like he just wasn't into me." Max replied, as the brunette boy gave her a sad look.

"Stop. You will not make the mistake of crying about a curly-haired skinny white boy." He told her. "Come on, let's do that project."

"Ugh that's even worse." She moaned, as he forced her to get up. "I hate biology."

"It's ok. I'm like the best at it." He says, and makes chuckles.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes and smiles, and follows the brunette boy into the kitchen to grab some sissors. "Are you planning to kill someone with those?"

"Wheeler, most likely." He says, and makes her laugh. About an hour later, the two almost finished the project.

"I gotta ask." Oliver says all of the sudden and breaks the silence. "Did you like this Wheeler boy, like a lot?"

"I don't know." The redhead replies, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Maybe."

"It might be just me, but you seem to like him more than you admit you do. And maybe he was trying to forget you." He says, then writting something down.

"But we weren't even dating!" She says a little too loud. "Sorry it's just that- if he's so jealous, why didn't he tell me?" Max asks.

"Rejection. A boy's biggest fear." Oliver replies without looking up. "He thought that you'd reject him. Would you, though?"

"I don't know. I mean I do like him, but not that much."

That question made her mind stop working. After this conversation she was one hundred procent sure that she really liked him, possibly in love with him, but if he asked her to be his girlfriend would she say yes?

"Wrong answer." He says and finally looks up at her. "You're in denial."

"Denial?" The redhead raises her eyebrows at him.

"Yes. You definitely like him but you're also scared of having a relationship so you act like you don't like him that much." He explained.