Ch. 10

Standing in the elevator, Ginger was holding onto the wall. Her night consisted of drinking because her work had been done when Jesse got off stage at the award show. Jesse kept his eyes on me. There was some sort of longing in them that I couldn't shake. What would happen when we got to his hotel room? What about my hotel room and all my stuff? Why was I worried about my stuff? We got to the top floor and out of the elevator doors stumbled Ginger. 

"You two have a nice bed in night. I mean night in bed. Whatever! Goodnight!" We watched as she made it down the hall to her room. Jesse pulled me back into the elevator and hit the button with the letter 'P' next to it.

"You have the penthouse, I'm assuming?"

"You assume correctly." He was kissing my neck again. All of my senses were livewire and I couldn't keep my hands off of him. I began to unbutton his shirt and pull on his tie when the door dinged. Opening, we too stumbled getting off the elevator. I looked up and saw a wall of windows, the lights of the city glowing in the room. A fireplace was burning, a giant TV and leather couch was in front of it. 

"I'm definitely dreaming." His breathing was still heavy as he threw his suit jacket over a chair. I took off my heels and threw them to the side. Rubbing my ankle, I hobbled over to the wall of windows to get a good view. When I said it was glowing, I meant glowing. Jesse turned on the TV, highlights of the show coming on. All of a sudden, he calls me over.

"Trey, you'll want to see this." I turn to see reruns of footage being played. It's of me. Falling to the ground and then Jesse picks me up and carries me quickly off in the other direction, me looking limp and lifeless.

"Oh, my gosh. I, I...I don't have words." Robert immediately came to my mind. "What's my boss going to say when he sees that?" My mind was racing but I suddenly felt Jesse's hands on me. 

"Don't worry about that right now. That clip will last for five minutes and they'll move onto what Miley Cyrus was wearing the rest of the time. Believe me, all those recaps do that. They'll all the same. Look at me." I turned and looked him in the eyes. I could feel my face heating up. "You're here with me right now. Let's keep our focus on that. Okay?" I shook my head up and down. He kissed my lips and went to turn the TV off. He walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Yes, I said 'fridge'. The penthouse had a full kitchen with a fridge full of anything you could imagine and anything that wasn't there could probably be brought up with a single phone call. "I feel like some pancakes. How about you?" I shook my head up and down again with bigger motions this time.

"I think most breakfast foods can be eaten at any time of the day. What do you think?" Jesse's eyes rolled into the back of his head, his hands came together like he was praying. 

"Thank you," he said almost in a whisper. "I've found a woman who loves breakfast food for dinner as much as I do. Thank you, thank you, thank you." He smiled big at me and grabbed a skillet. There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." He set down the pan and walked over to the door, looking into the peephole. Was Jennifer back again? How would she know where he's staying? He wasn't frowning when he opened the door. Familiar looking luggage was passed through the door. 

"That's my stuff," I said. "Where'd you, how'd you-" He stopped me.

"I was looking for your driver's license and happened to find your hotel room key first. I sent my driver over to get your thinks and check you out." I was puzzled.

"Check me out? What do you mean, I'm right here?" He laughed.

"Not check you out, check you out of your hotel room. That way, you can stay with me." He works fast, I thought to myself. 

"What makes you think I want to stay with you?" He almost looked insulted.

"You'll want to stay." He moved around the couch after setting my things down and grabbed me up in his arms again. Kissing me hard on the lips, he carried me over to the island and sat me down. "Now, pancakes."