"Wow," I stated, standing up. I then walked away ignoring Elena who called for me. And brushed by Jo who could definitely hear us even in the kitchen.

I went to Maverick's room to check on the baby taking a nap. He was awake when I got there and I smiled. I peered down at the baby sitting up, holding a nearly empty bottle to his mouth. "Hi, handsome," I grinned. "Did you have a good nap? Is the bottle good? You're just like your auntie, huh? Sleep and food. That's all that matters."

He dropped the bottle and made grabby hands at me. "Up," he uttered. I raised my brows before picking him up.

"Hi, Mav," I cooed, brushing his soft hair. "Your mama said you've been starting to talk a little bit—"

"Ma-ma!" He giggled.

"Oh, you probably think I'm her. This is weird now," I mumbled. "But you're still cute and I love you. And I know you would never, ever betray me and try to steal my lover."

"Daaaa, li, da, dooo," he babbled. The door to the room opened and I looked to see it was Elena who was on the phone.

"You can't miss Friends-giving. I mean, Matt and Jeremy are already cleaning up the whole Tripp mess, and Caroline's mom has to work. We're already low on friends as it is," Elena said.

"Well, if it's any consolation, our Thanksgiving was roadside chili," I heard Ric say on the other side of the line. "Anyways, we're following a lead to save Bonnie from the prison world—"

"What do you mean Bonnie's in the prison world? Stefan said that Damon said that she wasn't there, that she found peace with... Why didn't he tell me this?" Elena asked.

"Why wouldn't I consult you in a decision that might permanently change your life? Hmm. I wonder," we heard Damon's sarcastic answer.

"He didn't want to get your hopes up. He honestly thought Bonnie died trying to free him. But we have her teddy bear that Damon said they found in this witch Kai's prison world of 1994 that Damon manages to get out of. He left out Bonnie was there and basically sacrificed her freedom... Anyways, if she was indeed the one who sent her teddy bear over, it could mean she's still—"

"Bonnie's still alive? Oh, my God!" I gasped. Elena grabbed my hand, squeezing as she grinned with me.

"Yeah. So we're in Portland right now, trying to track down some Gemini thing," Alaric said Andrew I frowned.

"Ascendant," I heard Damon say.

"This is amazing," Elena stated.

"Alaric, you might want to keep the news to yourself. I tracked this lead months ago. It was a dead end," my ex-fiancé chimes in.

"Stefan sends his love," Alaric rephrased.

"Wait. What—?" I was about to ask a question but then we got the dial tone. Maverick started to reach for his mother who took him happily.

"Mama! Mama!" He cheered.

"Bonnie's alive?" Someone asked. We both turned around to see Caroline standing there in disbelief. Elena nodded her head slowly. Then she grinned and Caroline did too. I laughed softly. This was crazy. I almost couldn't believe it. But it was good news. It was great news. The two girls laughed with me and Caroline moved to pull us in a group hug.

We all separated when Maverick started pulling on everyone's hair. So we left the nursery. "The alcohol has arrived!" I heard Tyler say. I looked to see Jo opening the door for him.