Chapter 6: A Plan

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely."

Peter P

Peter P.O.V.

I walk in and see Pepper sitting on a couch in the living room. The table in front of her is covered with papers.

"Good afternoon, Peter," She smiles.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Potts."

"Call me Pepper, please."

I nod standing awkwardly, as Mr. Stark goes and sits beside Pepper on the couch. He motions to a comfy chair in front of the couch. Silently, I go to sit looking around nervously.

"So," Mr. Stark clasps his hands together. "Let's get started." He looks to Pepper. "Do you want to start the conversation or me than you? How do you want to do this?"

"I think you should start." They start bickering.

"Ok, then you have to do the second part."

"I don't want to do the second part."

"We should have plan this."

"I thought you have this handled."

"And I thought you did."

"Umm." I try budding in.

"Here, we will just do this together."

"Ok, then I will start."

"Excuse me." I start talking again. This time they stop their bickering and turn to me.

"Yes, Peter," Pepper replies.

"Umm, Can I have some food?" I ask shyly.

"Of course," Pepper smiles and then turns to Mr. Stark. "You didn't give him any food."

"I forgot." He defends himself. "And it's only... 3:00. Ok, I realize that was bad, but this works out perfectly. We will tell him when he eats."

Pepper shakes her head then looks at me. "Is pasta good?"

"Yes, thank you." I nod.

We made our made way into the kitchen. I sat on one of the stools while Tony and Pepper prepares to make pasta. They work together effortlessly, though bickering slightly. It was domestic and sweet, a side rarely seen by other people. My mind wanders back to Aunt May and Uncle Ben, my family. My heart fills as if it was torn into a million pieces. Everyone abandons me. I hope the couple in front of me will not do the same.

Within ten minutes, we were eating the homecooked meal. Surprisingly, it was delicious.

"So," Tony starts glancing at Pepper. "We were thinking about adopting you." He says very straight forward. 

Pepper sighs, and I focus on my food.

"Yeah," Tony backtracks. "So right now let's say this is a trial run. For a week, a week seems like enough time. Just get settled. Get the feel of the place to see if this works out. If you don't like it, it's fine. We will figure sometime out."