i.

POINT PLACE, WISCONSIN. IT'S LIKE JUDE WILLIAMS' parents just pointed to a place on map of the grand ole' U.S. of A, and was like, "Yeah, you know what? I think we'll move there." Of all places. Jude literally couldn't have been more annoyed that she was moving away from her home in New York City to the middle of nowhere.

    They had to be like totally ruining her dream. She was going to be in an all girl's band one day, like The Runaways. New York was the place for her dream, not Point Place. Or, Los Angeles, her heart (more like the amount of psychics she went to back in the big apple ) always told her that she was going to be in a Stephen King adaption. She was also fine with being a beauty queen. All three could've worked for Jude.

And the move didn't help either, when her family were unloading their things into their house when the neighbors from across the street invited them to a neighborhood party that they were throwing tonight. Especially when the woman, Kitty Foreman, said that Judith (which her parents introduced her as) was more than welcome to come to the party as her son was going to have his friends over in the basement.

Maybe Jude would have her chance to be in a horror movie. A real life one.

Just maybe.

Her parents had insisted that they arrived one time. Never once in New York did they care about arriving on time, but new place and all she guessed. Her mother, went straight to the kitchen to help Mrs. Foreman. Her father, was busy talking to Mr. Foreman about the latest sports game and the scores. Jude followed her mother, there was chance her mother would make her help with the two ladies, but at least she would eat before everyone else.

As soon as Jude walked into the kitchen, Mrs. Foreman directed Jude's path to the basement. "Eric's down there all by himself!" Was all the woman told her. So the dirty blonde walked down the  wooden stairs to see a lone teen sitting on the couch watching T.V.

He stood up and turned towards her as soon as he heard her. "You must be Judith. I'm Eric. My mom told me you were coming."

Eric was lanky. And kind of dull looking. Actually, he looked kind of like dork.

"Call me Jude. No one calls me Judith besides my parents and even then I hate it," she stated. Her eyes wondered around the room "Pretty cool basement. I've never really been in one that was, like you know, part of a house. Just apartment building basements."

"Oh yeah," he nervously laughed. "My mom told me you guys were from New York. Was it as cool as everyone says it is?"

"It's pretty chill."

"Cool."

Then there was awkward silence. Eric looked like he wanted to say something to Jude, however, chose not too. And Jude couldn't read if he was intimidated by her or not.

"Donna should be here soon," he broke the silence. "She's like the coolest person ever. You'll like her. Kelso and Hyde should be here after her. And you can sit down wherever."

    Jude watched Eric sit back down on the couch, before she decided choosing the white plastic chair next to the couch. She tuned into the Scooby-Doo playing on the television.

• • •

Eric was right. It didn't take long for Donna to get here, thirty minutes maybe passed when she walked through the basement door from the outside. The moment Jude saw Donna, she thought she was cherry bomb. Bright red hair, energized smile, and not to mention she was tall. To Jude, Donna was smokin'. Maybe Point Place wouldn't be so bad, right?

"Hey, Eric!" She greeted their neighbor boy. "Who's this?" She looked over at Jude.

"Oh, this is Jude. She just moved in across the street from us. She's from New York."