ii.

JUDE WAS LAYING NEXT TO DONNA ON DONNA's BED. They had been flipping through magazines and talking. Just even brought her guitar over to show Donna some of her skills, which Donna liked. "So I have to tell you something. I can't keep it in anymore." Donna said.

"Okay, what?"

"The night of the concert," Donna started, "Eric and I kissed." Donna turned red with a smile on her face.

"Really? Is this a good thing or bad thing?"

"Good I think. We've known each other our whole lives. So I don't want it to ruin anything, but I wouldn't mind it becoming more."

"Aww, well, I'm happy for you as long as it makes you happy."

"Thanks. I mean it probably is a little dorky to you. I mean you're from New York and really cool. I bet you kissed loads of people."

"I have definitely kissed a lot of people, but it's definitely not dorky. I know how you feel. There was a girl in New York, she moved to Oklahoma, I think. She made me feel really special and we knew each other almost our whole lives. We went out for a little bit before she moved, then we ended up breaking up."

"What was her name?"

"Michelle. God, just the thought of her still makes me blush."

"Do you still have feelings for her?"

"Not the way I used to. I cried my eyes out for weeks after she left. I think if I saw her again, I wouldn't revisit that relationship in the same way. The memories of it still make me blush and make me happy, but in the end it still broke my heart."

    "Is it bad I think that's sweet in a really weird way?"

    "No, I don't think so." Jude shook her head. "Enough about me, Eric's birthday is coming up, and what does everyone usually do?"

    "Eric's mom always throws him a party, which he hates, but she does it every year. The past couple years she's been trying to make it a surprise so he puts up less of a fight about it. It never ends up being a surprise."

• • •

Everyone was hanging out in Eric's basement. They have been watching various reruns, with Petticoat Junction just coming on.

"Does it bother anybody else that these women live in Hooterville?" Hyde asked the group.

Jude shakes her head. To be fair though, she had never seen a full episode of Petticoat Junction, just different parts of differ episodes.

"Technically, Petticoat Junction is down the track from Hooterville." Eric explained.

    "Okay does it bother anybody else they live down the track from Hooterville?" Hyde corrected himself.

"No, again. At least from me." Jude said.

"It bothers me that they bathe in the town water tank." Donna spoke up.

"With the dog..." Kelso added.

"It isn't the drinking water. It is the water for the train." Jackie corrected them.

"It's still three naked women with a dog." Donna pointed out.

"Hey, at least the dog is kinda cute." Jude shrugged.

"I want to be the Hooterville dog!"  Fez said happily.

    Just a moment later there was the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. "Yoohoo, coming down. Now don't mind me. I'm just putting some clothes in." It was the voice of Mrs. Forman. Jude turned to look at her and saw she was carrying a laundry basket full of clothes. She pulled out a shirt from the basket. "Eric, honey, I thought you could wear this on your birthday. It's nice, you look so handsome in it."