Ch.14

*Jax POV*

  If Kyle didn't do it then who? Not many people were on our hit list lately. "Chibs I need a list of people who want you dead. I'm starting to think this was about you."

"Jax the only person who wants me dead and gone is Jimmy O. Who else have I pissed off? I'm gonna go see my girl." With that he was heading down the hall.

"Juice I need to know where Jimmy is and see if you can find anything with what's left of the house. You find anything you call me. Take someone with you." He nodded and left with Sack. I went back to see my sister.

"I'm so sorry darling. I never wanted anything to happen to ya and that little boy of yours. When you get out I'll make sure ya both are safe. I can't lose my family." I stood at the door listening to Chibs when saw Opie.

"How's Mikey?"

"He'll be fine. The smoke got him." Opi kept looking at Zoe's door. "Was it him?"

"Nah brother he was at the bar all night. The only person who wants Chibs dead is Jimmy O." He looked at me.

"You think this was a hit on Chibs? Zo and Mikey were just unlucky to be there?" I nodded. " He hurt my family Jax. Zo has burns from her neck down her left side. Mikey could have been killed by the smoke. Do we know where he is?"

"I have Juice on it. For now just be here for them." He nodded. "Chibs is taking it kinda hard so go in the room and let him know what's going on."

*Opie's POV*

  I stood at the door looking at her. Chibs sat to her left holding her hand talking to her. "We'll find who did this to our family brother." I said as a walked closer to her bed. He just nodded "Mikey will be home tomorrow and they wanna keep an eye on her burns." He just nodded again.

"Why did ya hurt? What was in it for ya? She stood by your side though everything and you go and hurt her. She has always deserved better. Better than you. Better than this God forsaken town. Better than any of us." I know he was hurting but so was I and this was not the place for this conversation.

"I know I was stupid Chibs and I lost one of the best dame things in my life. Someone who understood the club and what I did but still cared about me. I have fucked up my life just by hurting her. I wish I could take all the hurt I caused her but I can't." He was quite for a bit and got up. "I'll always be here for her. I'm not going anywhere." He kisses the top of her head and walks out.

A few hours later and everyone went home but me and Chibs. I don't think either of us would be leaving anytime soon. We both must have fallen asleep cause we both jumped when my phone went off. "Hello."

"Opi you need to get home now. Something has happened." It was Jax and I could tell something bad happened.

"Jax are my kids ok? Did something happen to them?" Chibs was looking at me now.

"They need you right now." And with that he hung up.

"What's going on brother?" Chibs was ready to follow me.

"I don't know. Stay here with them please?" He nodded and I was gone.

  Getting down my street was difficult with the amount of cop cars. I finally parked and had Ellie's arms wrapped around me. As I looked closer I saw a body under a blanket. "Sir you have to step behind the yellow tape."

"I live here. Where's my son and wife?" I saw Jax sitting with Kenny and made my way over.

"I'm sorry brother." I started to connect the dots and turned to the body laying in the yard. It was Donna. I started shaking my head as I made my way to her. Next thing I know is I'm on my knees holding Donna's dead body with my kids crying around me.