Prologue

September, one out the two times of year when Fashion Week takes place. It's a semi-annual series of events, when international fashion collections are shown to; buyers, the press and the general public. 

It's Marinette's dream to one day have her own clothing line be showcased to the public in that event. Even just attending the event would be the first step to be that much closer to her dream. Unfortunately for her, her dream would need to wait a little longer. Being Ladybug ontop of her classes and commissions, well taking a week off seems impossible. Not to mention if she were to take her best friends offer, they wouldn't come back to Paris the day or even the week after the event.

Because Audrey Bourgeois is the 'Queen of Style', she will be attending another event in Gotham after Fashion Week. Mr. Bruce Wayne will be hosting a charity event for rising artist and he personally invited Audrey to be apart of the event. The event will happen towards the end of September, which would mean that they will not go back to Paris until the beginning of October. Out of the question, a month without Ladybug?! That would be like offering Paris on a silver platter to Hawkmoth. And yes, she was the new Guardian, but using Kaalki for her own personal use seemed selfish to the young designer. All she could do now is send her bestie off with a smile.

 'I guess MDC would just need to wait a little longer, at least my online site is doing well.' She thought to herself. 

"Honestly Mari, it's just ridiculous utterly ridiculous. Youof all people need a break from everything more than anyone. I can't believe you won't come with me." The blonde said pouting crossing her arms. "Almost a whole month without my bestie, how will I survive?"  She continued her playful dramatic whines.

...sigh.... the bluenette sighed at her best friends rant. "C'mon Queenie, you're not making this easy." She playfully followed her friends dramatic act. "But in all seriousness, you know why I can't go. Even if a really really want to." Marinette sadly said.

Now more serious Chloé said, "Which is exactly why you need this. It will be a break from your extra curricular activities. As your best friend it's my job to make sure you take care of yourself, and that includes making time to do things you like and that make you happy."

Yep, that's right. You read correctly, The Chloé Bourgeois, daughter of Audrey Bourgeois 'Queen of Style', who was once one of Marinette's least liked people. Now referred to Marinette as Her best friend. It was unbelievable and even if Chloé would never admit it, it was partially thanks to the liar.

Ever since Lila continued to attend Françoise Dupont, she not only made good on her threat towards Marinette. Taking her friends and making her look like the bully. She also decided to target Chloé. The Italian ended Sabrina's friendship with the blonde, (considering she needed a person who she could manipulate into doing things without question.) It wasn't hard for the liar, all she had to do was act extra caring towards the young redhead, and it worked. She managed to pull her away from Chloé. It also didn't help that the school already resented the blonde because of the whole Miracle Queen fight.

She ended up all alone, just like Marinette. Both girls were sent to sit I'm the back of the class. 

Marinette had tried to talk with Chloé, she felt bad about the whole thing. Being Ladybug, she knew she was partially to blame for loosing her bee wielder. And believed if she had given her the Miraculous none of that would've happened. So she tried to be civil with her. However Chloé became more .... detached, she would tell the petite bluenette how 'she didn't need her pity.'  And to 'stop pretending she understood.'

So Marinette only talked to her unless it was absolutely necessary. Until one day.

°~•○°~°●•~•○°~°●•~•○°~°●•~•○°~°●•~•○°