6: The Hospital Fundraiser

Mulai dari awal

"That was a long time ago," I said.

"I'm still your best friend, right?" Damon pouted.

"Yes," I grinned. "But I can have multiple best friends, Damon. I mean I have St—I mean, Jeremy and... Elena, Tyler, Bonnie, Matt... and now Enzo."

"Okay, but like in order to most to least favorites. I'm in the top three right?"

"It goes Jeremy and then you," I assured.

"I used to be three, huh? Stefan, Jeremy, me?" He frowned, scratching his chin.

"Where am I on your list?" I questioned, smirking.

"Um, I plead the fifth."

"Wow!" I laughed.

"What? I gotta factor in Stefan and Elena to be nice. And then I have you, Ric, Enzo, and—and no one else. That's it."

I raised a brow, "whatever. You know what? You, Ric, Enzo, and I could be a real team."

Ric laughed, "yeah a real dysfunctional team. Enzo is a sociopath, Damon is a psychopath, I'm now a frail human ex vampire hunter, and you are a vampire in college who has young adult drama i.e fighting over boys and boys fighting over you... and such."

"Oh, shut up," I said, flipping him off.

"Back to me. I'll be your date tonight, Kenzie," Damon said, placing his hands on my shoulders and turning me to face him.

"Fine," I agreed, rolling my eyes and fighting back a smile. It was good to have him back. However, this was going to go terribly I'm sure. But I did not want to ask Enzo. And I wasn't going to ask Stefan.

***

"You didn't feel anything?" I asked Elena who just admitted seeing and talking to Damon face to face. That was before she said she still didn't remember and then left him standing alone heartbroken.

"I felt scared and guilty, and his eyes were really, really blue and pretty, but... no. I don't remember loving him," Elena said.

"So you don't remember. So be it," Caroline shrugged.

"Caroline! That's your advice?" I scolded.

"Well, look at her life right now," she retorted. "I mean, Elena, you're doing well in school, you're following your dreams, you met Liam, who also has very pretty eyes, not mention he's never killed your brother."

"True," Elena mumbled.

"I mean, I just gave Stefan the friend boot. Maybe a little break from the Salvatore brothers is in the cards for the all of us," Caroline said and I narrowed me eyes on her. She was not in the same boat as me or even Elena. "Look. McDreamy's coming. I got to go. I'll see you guys later."

"Bye," Elena and I chorused. Liam then came to sit on the other side of my twin, taking Caroline's old spot. "Hi, nerd," I greeted

"Hello, Kenzie," he chuckled, then he turned to face my sister. "So guess who came into the hospital for a shoulder arthroscopy this morning?"

"Hello to you, too," my sister laughed.

"Lady Whitmore, the girl from the bonfire, the one you miraculously saved from certain death and I can't figure out how. Turns out she was here on a tennis scholarship before she blew out her arm last year. Now she needs to get her cartilage cleaned out every 6 months."

"Ew," I commented.

"You're still obsessing over that?" Elena asked.

"But here's the crazy part. She doesn't remember getting hurt in the corn maze crash," Liam informed us, amazed himself.