Part 3

Part - 3

Note: Unedited

Next day morning I woke up to find a pair of arms around my waist. It felt so right to have him beside me. My Nikhil. I turned to face him and I caressed his cheeks. I kissed him on the forehead and got out of the bed to go get ready. I brushed my teeth and went for jogging. After coming back I quickly prepared breakfast and went to take a shower. After shower while getting dressed up I saw Nikhil staring my back from the mirror. I wore a saree. He loves to see me in saree. We stared each other for a minute and then he got up from the bed and went to the washroom. I quickly went downstairs and greeted Rekha and asked her not to prepare dinner today as Ashu will be coming and I will take her out for dinner.

I went to office after breakfasts as I wanted to avoid Nikhil. I know he will ask me about yesterday. I went to the Shergill office to work on the designs. I was in the cabin till Nikhil came to office. He comes around 10:30 a.m.

Later I went to the boutique and worked on the charity show. I finalized the models and started getting the dresses stitched. I had lunch alone in my boutique. Later I texted Nikhil reminding him that we have to go and pick up Ashu at 6p.m.

He texted me “I’ll pick u up at 5:30 from home.”

“Okay” I texted back.

 I reached home by 4:30 and read newspaper for some time. Then I got freshened up and waited for Nikhil. He came at 5:15 and freshened up and then I told Rekha to clean the guest room as Ashu will be living there.

The car ride was silent as usual but I broke the silence by saying “I was thinking we will take Ashu out for dinner. We will take her to the new Italian restaurant. I already told Rekha not to cook dinner today. What do you think?”

“You already decided so why ask me.” He said rudely.

I stayed silent. He is such a mood spoiler. I am trying to start a conversation and he is being rude.

“Why are you behaving like this? When I am trying to be nice to you, you start off with your taunting again.” I said in a fed up tone.

He didn’t reply.

 “Listen my sister is coming so behave normally. I am requesting you.” I said in a pleasing tone.

“I know what to do so don’t boss over me. She is my sister too.” He said.

Aww he said Ashu is his sister too. This is what I like in him.

“I requested you and I didn’t boss over you.” I said.

“Whatever.” He said and parked the car in the parking lot.

We went to the arrivals and we waited for 10 minutes and then Ashu AKA Ashwini my sister came out. She is skinny and hot. She saw us and came towards us and gave me a bone crushing hug. Then she hugged Nikhil and we went towards the car.

“Hey Ashu, let’s go to this new Italian restaurant. Your sister is so boring she said she will cook at home.” Nikhil said.

“Thank you jiju.” Ashu said.

“I was the one who planned that. I asked Rekha not to cook today.” I said trying to prove my point.

“Liar!!!” Nikhil said.

“No you are a liar.” I said.

Then we started calling each other a liar and Ashu interrupted us by saying “You guys are so cute together.”

I and Nikhil both smiled. He is such a good actor. I like the time we are spending now but soon this is going to end.

We went to the restaurant and later we went for a drive along the marine drive and then reached home. Nikhil put the luggage in her Ashu’s room and we went to our room. All this while me and Nikhil were acting like a very cute couple.

“Thank you. It was indeed a nice show. You have to do this for more 2 weeks.” I said while removing the jewelry.

“That wasn’t a show.” He said and went to the washroom. I quickly changed into my night pants and slept on the bed before he came out. I pretended as if I slept but I didn’t.

“I know you didn’t sleep. Thank you for wearing a saree.” He said and turned to the other side.

“I didn’t wear it for you.” I said and faced palmed myself for replying.

“I never said you wore it for me.” He said. I am sure he is smirking.

“Whatever.” I said and drifted off to sleep.

Next day morning was usual but I am taking Ashu to my work. I don’t want her to be alone at home.

“Rekha don’t send food for me. I will be having my lunch with Ashu. You ask Nikhil about his food.” I said and left with Ashu.

After work I went to lunch with Ashu. Ashu is a big foodie. She loves trying new food. She chose a random place and we went there for lunch. Later in the day we went to the beach and had a good sister time and then we went to shop in the Mumbai streets.

We came home before dinner and Ashu said she doesn’t want to have dinner as she is full so I let her be and went and helped Rekha prepare dinner. After preparing dinner Rekha left and I was waiting for Nikhil so we could have dinner together. He usually comes home by 8 latest and we prepare the dinner at 7. Now the time is 8:30 and he is still not home.

I tried calling him but he is not answering his mobile. I just hope he is safe. I went to check on Ashu but she is fast asleep. I went to the living room and sat there waiting for him and read the newspaper. It is 10 and he still didn’t come. I decided to call his office but no one is picking it up. I called him on his mobile again but he is not lifting the call. I started to panic and that’s when I heard the front door open.

Nikhil walked in and he was drunk, not completely drunk but he is a bit tipsy. I don’t mind if he drinking but he should at least call me and inform me that he is going to be late. My anger reached to its peak and I shouted at him “Where the hell were you? Can’t you just call and inform that you are going to be late? Was it that hard for you?”

“A friend came over and we just went out to drink. I don’t think I have to take permission from you to go anywhere.” He spat.

“I never asked you to take permission. I just asked you to inform me if you will be late.” I said.

“I don’t think I have to inform you.” He said.

“You have to. You have a freaking wife waiting for you at home.” I yelled.

“Oh really, I didn’t know that.” He said and walked past me. He went into the kitchen and drank some water.

“Did you eat?” I asked him.

“No.” he replied.

“Come let’s eat then.” I said.

“I don’t want to eat. You carry on and don’t wait for me to have dinner.” He said.

“Why did you wait for me that day?” I asked.

“I didn’t wait for you. I just didn’t fell like eating that day.” He said and went upstairs.

I placed the food in the refrigerator and went upstairs. I didn’t want to sleep beside him so I decided to sleep on the couch. I made my bed on the couch and was about to sleep when he came out from the washroom.

“Why aren’t you sleeping on the bed?” he asked me.

I didn’t reply and just slept on the couch.

“I asked you a question and I want a freaking answer.” He yelled.

I still didn’t reply. I turned on my side facing my back to him.

“Fine, sleep where ever you want.” He yelled and slept on the bed and turned off the lights.

I didn’t mind sleeping on the couch. I feel it comfortable enough to sleep.

Vote and comment please