ƒօմɾ - the rebel without a cause

Indigo wondered if it was actually safe leaving Dion at her house

Indigo wondered if it was actually safe leaving Dion at her house. It was too late now, he'd already slept there, and ate her food.

Midge Klump, grinning wildly stepped up to her best friend. Midge paused, "What are you thinking about that's making you pout like that?"

Indigo smiled softly, "Lack of trust on the home front."

Midge nodded like she understood, but she had no clue what was really going on. As far as any of her friend's were concerned, Indigo's parents went on a lot of business travels, and her brother was on a road trip.

   Midge threw her arm over Indigo's shoulder pulling her into the school. They would stop at the student lounge like always, so Indigo could get food from the vending machine. She had already eaten, but Indigo didn't mind packing on a few more pounds for the delicious fakeness of the school's prepackaged muffins.

Once she got her good, she sat next to Midge who happily chatting it up with the Bulldogs.

The Serpents, from across the room, sent random sporadic glances her way. Indigo kept her focus on the hands, twiddling with her thumbs awkwardly instead of eating her muffin like she normally did.

That's when he walked in. The rebel without a cause, the beanie wearing boy from the wrong side of the track, the only one still wearing his leather jacket.

    In any other circumstance, Indigo would've laughed. Jughead had balls, she could admit that, but that would get him in trouble. She didn't want to be there when it did.

"Oh, hey, guys, what's up?" Midge was glaring at the boy whilst Indigo merely smirked. Jughead sauntered over to the vending machine scanning over its contents.

That's when Reggie noticed. "Take it off." Indigo shook her  rapidly, "Reggie, don't."

Reggie dropped his basketball pushing away from the couch. "Take off that jacket, Rat Boy."

Jughead sighed, slowly twirling around. The Serpents were ready to protect their own, and Jughead these days seemed all about getting himself in the worst trouble he could be in.

"Oh, Reggie. I don't think you know what this jacket means. Because you have no sense of honor. Or history, or loyalty."

"That's it." Indigo watched everything slow down. Reggie grabbed onto Jughead's jacket ready to attack. The Serpents ran to back Jughead whilst the Bulldogs ran to back Reggie.

Midge leant over, "I'm getting Bulldogs win."

    Indigo couldn't quite hear her friend's words. Before she knew it, Indigo was running to join. All that anger, and fear that had built was dying to be release. Indigo just wanted to hit someone.