I slide on behind him and put my arms around his waist as we speed off. There's something so amazing about moving so quickly without actually running. I love riding on the motorcycle, although I do hate driving it myself.

I have no idea how Wanda convinced Dr. Strange to let her throw a Halloween party for charity in the Sanctum Sanctorum, but the place looks amazing and properly haunted. I'll have to compliment her - if I can find her, that is. The room is packed with people. Some of them are our friends and the rest are all of the VIP guests she invited to donate money. My sister has a heart of gold, but she also has a mind for business.

"You two look like you stepped out of The Outsiders or something," a familiar voice says. I grin and give Sam a hug. It's only been a few weeks, but I've still missed him.

"I thought you were kidding when you said you were going as me," Steve says, looking Sam up and down with a chuckle. He must've stolen one of the Captain America suits, and now he has the shield.

"Nope. I think I wear it better," Sam claims. He then poses dramatically with the shield.

"I strongly disagree," I say. "Although I'm a bit biased. You look great."

"If you think I look great, you should see your brother."

"Pietro? Where is he?" I crane my neck to find him, but I don't spot my brother in the crowd. Sam only shakes his head, a knowing smile on his face. "What? What is it?"

"You'll like his costume. That's all. My lips are sealed."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Whatever. I'm going to find Wanda."

"She was near the steps last time I saw her," Sam offers.

"Thanks!" I weave my way through the crowd, saying polite but short hellos to the different business executives in attendance and I completely ignore the press. They've messed with my life too many times over the years. Now I'm happy. They're not going to ruin that. I only make one stop on my way to finding my sister, and it's for a very important group of people. My personal VIPs. I made sure Wanda invited them.

"America!" High-pitched voices squeal. Somewhere around ten kids all run towards me at full speed and almost knock me over. I crouch down and embrace as many of them as I can. "America! America!"

A big smile stretches across my face. "Hi, guys!" They continue to tackle me with hugs, and I'm laughing uncontrollably, the discomfort I previously felt this evening evaporating into thin air. "It's so good to see you all!"

I've been spending a lot of my free time at the local orphanage in the last few months. When Wanda told me about the Halloween party she was planning, I instantly asked her to invite these kids. Most of them are below ten years old, and I love all of them. They bring out a different side of me.

"America, you look pretty!" A shy voice says.

I pull the little redhead girl in for a hug. "Thanks, Addi! I love your dress! You look just like Cinderella!"

"What about mine?" Another girl practically bounces up and down as she vies for my attention. "What about mine?"

"Yours too, Leah! Wow, you guys are all so amazing! Your costumes are great! Are you all having fun?"

"Yes! We got to meet Spiderman!" Joey exclaims, pointing to Peter Parker, who apparently decided to go as himself to protect his identity. I shake my head and laugh a bit. They tell me about the other famous superheroes they saw and the amazing food they tasted and which costumes are their favorites and how cool this place is. Kids are the best, they really are.