"Ma!"

"That's right. We're gonna go find her." Arthur checked every aisle, he couldn't seem to find her. Perhaps if he found an employee they could call her over the intercom.

Arthur started heading to the front of the store. And just his luck, she was already up there, frantically talking to an employee. How happy she would be to see her son again.

"I don't know where he's run off to! He was right beside me and the next thing I know he's gone! Please, please I need to find him!" She cried out in hysteria.

"Excuse me, ma'am.." Arthur spoke up. The woman spinned her heel and her eyes landed on Arthur. "I think you were looking for this one."

"Oh my God, Benji!" She rushed to Arthur. He handed over the child to his mother, who engulfed her son in hugs and kisses. "Oh thank God you found him." She cried.

"Actually, he found me." Arthur chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. The next thing he knew, the woman was hugging him tightly.

"You have no idea how thankful I am for you, sir." She leaned up and kissed his cheek. Arthur was both taken back and excited by this. He was never noticed, nor thanked much for his actions. "How can I pay you back? Is there anything I can do?"

"Oh, no. Don't worry about it. I was happy to help." He stayed shrugging off any offers she would of have. "I'm just glad he wasn't snatched up any creeps.."

"Oh let me buy your groceries. O-Or take you out for coffee? Surely there's something I can do for you?" She hugged her baby close, fearing that he'd try slithering away again.

Arthur seemed hesitant. He hadn't had any human contact in a while and this might be his break. She was offering to go get coffee with him.

That's basically a date, right?

"I guess getting a coffee wouldn't be too bad?" He softly smiled to himself. Yeah, coffee sounded good.

"Perfect!" The woman smiled at him. "I'm ______, by the way." She held out a hand. Arthur looked at it for a moment.

"Arthur." He stated, reaching over and shaking her hand.

"Well Arthur, thank you so much for finding him. I don't know what I would've done.." She kissed her son's head. Benjamin seemed oblivious to her concerned. He was smiling at Arthur, waving at him.

"Bye!"

"Don't say bye yet, honey. We're gonna bet a coffee with the nice man." _____ cooed to her child. Arthur thought to himself.

A family sounds nice..

He was deffinantly of age to start a family. But of course due to finances and mental illness... he put those dreams aside. Who would want to start a family with him? A party clown..

"How does a coffee shop just down the street sound? Around 2 o' clock to give us time to put our groceries away?" ______ asked. Arthur snapped from his self loathing and nodded.

"I'll see you there.."

----

Arthur looked in the mirror. He made sure to hurry a quick shower and to look his best. He even shaved. Arthur didn't really have any formal clothing. After all, this was just coffee. But he felt the need to impress the woman at the store. He needed to show her that he wasn't just some scruffy looking bum. Arthur sighed. Sure. How could he impress her? Look at him. He would never impress a woman. Not as beautiful as her.

No. Stop.

She asked him for coffee. Even after he turned it down. She still insisted. She would enjoy coffee with him.