Story

Magnus closed his tomes and dismissed the Thralls that held scrolls and books of obscure lore, waiting to be read. The large doors crept shut as they left. The room felt more silent than ever. The different magical and scientific items, strewn about the room, would occasionally break this welcomed silence with a short blip or a mysterious crackle.

The Great Cyclops sighed. He had been studying the Eye of Terror and its recent growth for months. He would have asked the help of his most loyal sorcerers from the legion, but with the events that had unfolded with Ahriman, Magnus scrutinized every action of all the members. He might have agreed to work with the Prodigal Sons' chapter master, but the betrayal and sadness over his actions still ran deep. If it wasn't for the broken faith, and his own principles, Magnus would appreciate Ahriman's aid in this current study, for they had similar minds, yet different ways of seeing the world.

Seeing the opportunity to confer with the immaterium for answers, Magnus sat upon his throne and began meditating. The Aether felt like a sea to him, and he was a rock on which the waves of magic would crash upon. He welcomed it with cautioned glee, as one would feel coming back to his homeland after a long journey. His body felt heavy, numbness beginning to creep in. His breath slowed and deepened. After a decade of torture at the end of Tzeentch and his machinations, Magnus felt truly at peace. It was strange, as he expected never feel that way ever again.

The Immaterium never felt hostile, nor was it welcoming. It was indifferent to a single being, however gifted they were. It was not hot or cold, vast or confined, bursting with life or an empty void. The Immaterium was; and could only be what one could perceive.

His whole being throbbed and pulse under the endless waves of magic. He gazed in their depth, seeking without goals or intent. Observing.

A warm light flooded his mind, blinding his third eye. A soft wind caressed his face. The source of the light had a human form burning bright as the Sun in its center, its wings spread wide, flapping to the beat of Magnus' heart.

A voice emerged out of it and echoed, distant yet close, muffled by the brimming emptiness:

"Hail to you, brother. I am delighted to see you again!"