She hummed and before a silence could arise between us, she looked up at me.

"Lawrence.." She called me and my heart skipped a beat when my lips rolled on her lips.

'What are these feelings I've begun to feel about her? Since when does my name sound so beautiful on her lips?'

"I'll also try my best to be a good wife." She said shyly.

And I felt all the things around me stopped. I want this moment to last forever.

"You said it, that means a lot. Thank you." I said sincerely.

How can I never notice her before?

She is everything a guy could ask for. Is this what they call, Love at First Sight?

Even if it's not, There's no shame in loving my wife. Just saying my wife made me feel aroused.

"Oh, you must be tired. Please change." I said with a smile, wanting her to be comfortable, maintaining a fair distance from her.

"I want to but.. I don't have anything else to wear." She said in her shy manner again. This is the first time I have seen her this shy.

Was she always like that? No, she is a sarcastic and chill person.

So who is she? Is she the Evelyn I know?

"Oh, it's okay. You can wear mine." I grinned.

"Thanks."

I nodded and walked towards the closet. I took out my casual shirt and a boxer.

I gave her the clothes as she thanked me and left to change, leaving me alone in the thought which never crossed my mind before.

Evelyn POV:-

I was so scared that Lawrence might take his wrath on me. I know about his anger issues. But he is truly a gentleman.

He is such a nobleman.

At least I don't regret marrying a person like him. When he said those sweet words to me a strange sensation took over me as I thought about how Lawrence is gonna take care of me.

I was so lost in them that when he shook me instead of saying sorry I pushed him away. I felt bad for it.

But when he said that he won't touch me unless I want to I felt bad. Not because I want him to touch me but that he is swallowing his desires and everything to be a good husband.

'I knew it, his wife would be the luckiest, just I never expected it would be me.'

He even handed me his clothes to wear since all my clothes were in my used-to-be house. I shivered at the thought.

Just in one day, my surname, my home, everything changed. How twisted fate could be?

I was about to leave but Lawrence called me,

"Evelyn." I turned to him and tilted my head a little in confusion.

"Hmm?"

"Um.. Are you alright with me being your husband? Like if you want me to change any habit of mine then tell me. We have known each other for years.." He began to say, tensed,

"If there's anything you don't like about me, I could work on it. You know, try to be a better man for you. You can tell me."

He said nervously as if he was trying his best to choose the correct word cautiously. I smiled at him.

"I am fine. What's gonna happen will happen. None of us can prevent it and maybe that's for the better and I don't want you to change. You are fine the way you are." I said in a soft tone.

"What changes you want me to bring into perfection anyways?" I chuckled.

Just a few moments ago, I wanted to cry to myself but now I am not feeling like crying at all. Lawrence never fails to soothe me and lighten my mood by his sweet talks.

"Such a deep thought coming from you." He said playfully, laughing a little.

"My honor to be considered as perfection from you, My Lady." He said gallantly, bowing a little.

"You may now change your dress." He smirked, teasing me.

I clicked my tongue at him. We both laughed a little as I left to change.

No matter what, he is still the Lawrence I knew in all those years.

He is trying his best to be a great husband and today I swear that I'll also try my best to be a great wife. I'll never think about a man other than him.

To me, my husband matters and nothing else. He is my everything and I'll also try my best to be a great wife and to love him.

That's my new aim in my life and I'll try my best to accomplish it and for it, the first thing I have to do is to remove all those feelings I felt for Adrian.

I have to eradicate all the feelings I've felt for Adrian and think only about my husband.

...Maybe everything happens for a reason and maybe that's for the better...

***

You can find the rest of the story on the following platforms.

Booknet, Ireader, Bravonovel, Moboreader, Hinovel, Readom, Popink, Libri

Whichever platform is to your convenience.