Եաօ - the forsaken friend

Danget! Indigo hated that she was back to relying on the Serpents once again

Danget! Indigo hated that she was back to relying on the Serpents once again. Instead of searching for a family in the gang, she had to trust they wouldn't spill her secret.

It was Indigo's free period. Sweet Pea hadn't spoke to her since they're argument on the way to fetch her a new painting palette. She didn't even understand why he was in art, gang members weren't exactly the most artistic few.

Though, she shouldn't be insulting. Indigo herself had her own spot in the gang, and she painted like it was her religion. It made her feel, free.

When the bell rung, Indigo rocketed from her seat not wanting to spend a moment longer sitting next to Sweet Pea. Not wanting to spend a moment longer thinking of how close he truly was. Of how if she leant over just a inch, their elbows would touch.

What kind of loser cares about elbows? Indigo came across the student lounge. Kevin Keller perched on the sofa, gave her a grin, and Indigo eagerly took the spot next to him. "Hey, dude."

"Sup." They were silent. Not the uncomfortable, burning silence she had experience moments ago sitting next to Sweet Pea, but peaceful. Kevin was her friend. After the events of this morning, that was something Indigo could use.

Not long later, Serpents began to pile into the lounge taking it over like it was their own. Indigo didn't mind. She knew these kids, they were once the only family she had.

That was when Sweet Pea stepped into the room. When Christian was alive, Indigo thought nothing of him. Well, sort of. He was undeniably attractive, but the whole brother's best friend thing was too cliche for Indigo's taste.

You're brother's dead. Because of him. Doing the one thing, Indigo has silently prayed he wouldn't, Sweet Pea filled the last opening on the couch next to her.

Indigo forced herself to even out her breathing. She concentrated every molecule of her being on not jumping up, and making a rum for it. So far, so good. Sweet Pea kept his word spreading the message through the Serpents quick.

That was when Veronica stepped in. Indigo went into panic mode, her leg pushed up and down in anxious frenzy. Not looking at her, Sweet Pea placed a gentle hand on her leg forcing it to stop.

Indigo glimpsed back to Kevin who simply shrugged. Even with her unspoken history, she had none with Sweet Pea. Why would he care about her?

It's pity. They pity you for Christian. "I don't think we've properly met," yet again, Veronica's falsely kind words pulled Indigo from her self loathing. "Veronica Lodge."

"Of the Park Avenue Lodges." Indigo smiled softly at her beanie wearing friend as he raised his pointy finger. She had no history to hide with him. When Jughead originally attended Northside high, they were best friends.

Toni shook Veronica's hand with a warm smile. "Toni. Topaz."

"Oh, like the purple-colored gemstone." Toni grinned, "Love it."

"And, I'm Josie McCoy. Formerly of the Pussycats, now just Josie. And this, is Kevin, and Indigo." Indigo could feel her lips pull into a smile. She wanted to say something, anything, but the words were stuck in her throat.

Kevin didn't notice. Too caught up in his own new interest, he spoke to Fangs. "What's your name?"

"Fogarty. Or you can call me Fangs. Your last name's Keller, right?" Kevin shot Indigo a flustered glance. The ex-serpent simply shrugged a smirk gracing her lips. "How did you know that?" Kevin inquired.

"Joaquin, and I used to hang out. He talked about you all the time." It was true. The sheriff's son was often heard of when speaking to Joaquin, but he also left. After the dramatic mystery of the death of Jason Blossom he felt he had to.

Fangs' vision fell on Indigo. The girl looked down in a suspicious manner. If Kevin didn't know any better, he'd say the two knew each other. They did.

Of all people, Fangs knew Indigo the best. What started as a drunken confession to his bisexuality, ended in the closest friendship either of the two ever had. So, when Indigo left, it hurt him the worst. He thought seeing her again, on the Northside would wreck him. Yet, he was happy for her. She got out, she was living a good life. At least, that's what he thought.

"You guys!" Serpents turned to the infuriated principal quietly questioning if he was speaking to them. "Yes, you, come with me. Now!"

Indigo followed the group to the main hall, Kevin quick on her trail. In the main hall, inked over the school seal, was a terrible painting of a snake. One that would be accused as the actions of a Serpent.

"Which of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?"

"This, is what they do, Principal Weatherbee. They tag their turf." Reggie smirked, his arms crossed over his chest in a victorious manner. Indigo wasn't having it. The Rivera girl cocked an eyebrow, "My God, Reggie, could you be anymore transparent?"

Reggie nodded. "Principal Weatherbee, the only student in this school with such a lack of art skills is Reggie Ma—"

"Enough! Effective immediately, no gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated at my school. As of this moment, no more Serpent jackets." The Serpents erupted into a roar of complaints, and protests. Indigo had to remind herself she was no longer one, so she could quit feeling such a desire for vengeance, for her family.

"No more serpent jackets! All tattoos are gonna be covered. Possession of any gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension. Are we clear? That's all."

Indigo didn't have much to worry about. Her tattoo took up a small part of her hip. Perhaps, some part of her always knew it'd have to be in a place least visible. Perhaps, she'd always known, she would leave the Serpents.