TWENTY

"Myrcella?" I asked as I lost sight of the girl. I was glancing behind tents and stables looking for the blonde girl, my worry only growing. "Myrcella?!"

Suddenly, I was grabbed by the arm and pulled behind a tent near the back of the area, most likely one for storage. When I turned my head, I was met with the beautiful eyes of the princess.

"What are you doing out here?" She urged. "Someone could've seen you."

I sighed in relief, placing my hand on her cheek. "I was worried about you." I told her honestly. "Besides, since when are you so worried?"

"Since I realized..."

"Realized what?"

The girl sighed. "Our families, Lachlan. Yes, they get along, but we never know how long that will last for. Besides, we can't be together; our siblings are practically engaged."

"Who cares what our families think?" Biting my lip gently, I debated on speaking the next words. "I love you, Myrcella. No one, and I mean no one, can change that."

She smiled, but looked down. "Our families...they'll try and keep us apart. Our fathers are both very stubborn people; they won't like us being together."

"I'd like to see them try." I scoffed. "No one is keeping me away from you."

"But Joffrey and Sansa are going to be married, and-"

"They won't be." I said, cutting her off. "Because I am going to marry you first."

Myrcella furrowed her brows as she looked at me. "Wh-what?"

Taking a deep breath, I took the girl's hand in my own, holding them against my chest as it looked her in the eyes. "I love you, Myrcella. And...I want to marry you."

The girl smiled. "I love you, too."

Smiling, I leaned forwards and pressed my lips against hers, kissing her gently. We stood there, savoring each other in the summer air, for a few moments before pulling away with wide smiles on our faces.

She giggled softly. "Took you long enough to ask me, my lord."

I chuckled. "You were expecting me to marry you, my lady?"

"Possibly."

"Well, in that case," I said, smirking playfully at the princess, who looked at me with curious eyes. "Be by the docks in three hours. I'll be waiting."

Without giving her time to answer, I placed a gentle kiss to the back of her palm before walking away, heading back to the joust with a wide smile.