You didn't even take underwear?

Start from the beginning

"I'll take that on board." She nodded, smiling a little. I couldn't help but stare at her as she looked out into the view of the city. Something about the way her eyes would dance over different objects made my heart want to burst out of my chest. If there is anything I need to make sure I don't do, is fuck this up with her because I don't think someone like me would ever be lucky enough to find someone so intelligent and beautiful ever again.

"So..." I begun, she tore her eyes from the skyline and looked at me. "Are you sure you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Are you regretting drunk Matty's actions?" She said with a sly smirk.

"Not at all." I replied. "I just want to make sure, you know and so you are aware that I do actually remember asking you." I felt myself turn a bit red under her stare.

"It would be a bit awkward if you didn't." She let out a small giggle, which was honestly so fucking cute.

"I'd fully give you permission to call me a twat and not talk to me for the rest of your life if I didn't remember." I laughed, shaking my head. The fag was dead now, so I put it in the ashtray.

"Hmm, I wonder how life is going to treat me as Matty Healy's girlfriend." She mused, smiling.

"I wouldn't know, never been in that position." I joked, she rolled her eyes at me and then looked into mine for a few seconds.

"The one thing I will ask Matty, please don't break my heart like Mason did." She said, turning serious. It hit me all over again, he really did break a part of her soul didn't he?

"I don't think I could ever possibly do that." I replied. She scooted closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, leaning her head on my shoulder. I put one of my arms around her waist.

"It's cold." She muttered, quietly. I could tell from the trembling in her speech that she was cold.

"We should go inside." I told her. She looked up at me and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Good idea."

-

"So you're official then?" George asked me from across the table in the shitty pub we'd been in for the past ten minutes. He picked up his beer and took a drink.

"Yeah, I guess we are." I shrugged.

"Congrats mate, I think she's gonna be really good for you." He said. I knew what he meant but the sad thing is, no matter how many girls I thought I had truly deep feelings for, it didn't take away the nagging at the back of my head to self medicate with drugs. I don't think Alyssa is my savior from that either, nor do I want her to be if I'm completely honest.

"I think I have the potential to really fuck up a lot of things in her life." I said sadly, looking at the drink in front of me.

"Look mate, you know yourself that your habits aren't the most productive but you've definitely dialed it back a lot in recent months." He tried to sound comforting, like a proud dad or something but he didn't know the truth. No one did really.

"I guess I have." I lied. I hated lying to George, I feel like he can see right through it.

"I'm always here mate, if you're having a hard time with anything." He looked at me as though he knew I was hiding something.

"I'm okay, really." I persisted. "I've been okay for awhile now actually. Time away from touring really helped."

"I feel like we all needed a breather." He sighed. "It's been hard being away from the music, well performing but I think this album is going to be a great new chapter for us."