p. jisung - out of my league

Start from the beginning

You turned to Jisung after and handed him a flyer, a soft smile adorning your features.

"And I'm sure you'll win anyways with a captain as good as Jisung."

Jisung couldn't stop the bashful grin that tugged at his lips. The boy was usually a shy mess when he was complimented by anyone, so the fact that it was you complimenting him had his heart beating rapidly.

Renjun and Donghyuck snickered at Jisung's red face and you raised a skeptical eyebrow at them.

"What are you two giggling about?" Hina asked what you had been thinking.

"Nothing just our Jisung is so cute." Donghyuck cooed teasingly.

"Hey! I'm the captain." Jisung re-informed them crossing his arms and pouting in a way that made him look undeniably adorable.

"Yeah, but you're also the youngest on the team." Renjun reminded him.

You and Hina watched the banter go back and forth for a while. It almost felt as if you were watching a tennis match, before the two of you exchanged a look and decided it was time to take your leave.

You waved a quick goodbye to them that you weren't even sure they noticed and then walked off. Hina nudged you. "What?" You questioned.

"Flirting are we?" She joked. "I was not flirting." You protested. "You so were Y/n! You're not even subtle about it either."

You let out a small sigh, "Well I must be if he hasn't taken the hint yet."

"So what I'm hearing is you were flirting." Hina gasped as your cheeks became rosy. "I knew you liked him."

Before leaving the cafeteria you noticed Jisung face plant onto the table and laugh to yourself as you and Hina make your way back to your lunch table.

"You guys are so embarrassing." Jisung groaned.

"Jisung you were too busy focusing on that to realise that Y/n is totally into you." Donghyuck said excitedly.

"No way." Jisung denied, not wanting to let his friend get the best of him this time.

"He's not joking this time Ji, did you see how she was smiling at you." Renjun backed up Donghyuck's point.

"Yeah. Just like she was smiling at the two of you. Stop digging into things, she's out of my league." Jisung said quietly, standing up whilst he put his sandwich back into his lunch bag.

"I'll catch you guys later. I'm gonna go find Chenle." Without another word the youngest amongst the three left the cafeteria.

  Donghyuck turned to Renjun stifling a laugh. "Guess we're benched for the next game."

The turnout for the pep rally was great. Way better than last time and you could only thank the basketball team for that.

It was an hour or so after the pep rally when you were cleaning up. The rest of the cheerleading squad were too busy and you took it as your duty as captain to clean.