6. "Romeo and Juliet died to be dramatic"

Start from the beginning

"Hey" I said, not really in the mood.

"You look down" he stated.

"No need to make jokes about how short I am right now" I tried to lighten the mood and he laughed.

"I feel like you need a drink" he said and grabbed my hand. I groaned in frustration but complied. Maybe I actually did need a drink. 

He poured a beer on a small read cup and I took it. For the next hours I just drunk this one cup as I watched my friends dance and have fun.

After a while Jordan came, grabbed my hand and dragged me to the couch where a lot of familiar faces were sitting.

"We're playing seven minutes in heaven. And you're playing" he demanded.

"I really don't want to" I whispered to him. 

"Come on!" He pushed me to the couch and sat next to me. Next to him, though, sat Asher and before I knew it their fingers were tangled in each other's hair as they started eating each other's faces. 

I scranched my nose and rolled my eyes. Thanks for being with me, Jordan!

My phone vibrated and I looked at it realizing I had 5 missed messages from Hero.

Shoot!

"You there?"

"Hello?"

"Wow I didn't think you were the I'm leaving you on read type haha"

"Do you wanna go to the beach, maybe?"

"...Nevermind"

With all the things with my dad, I forgot to answer him.

"Oof sorry, I'm at the party" I typed quickly sending him the message.

"Right. Of course. Just ignore all the previous messages" he wrote back after a minute.

I was about to answer him when a hand came around my shoulder stopping my movements. Bradley plopped next to my on the house, unfortunately bringing his annoying smirk with him.

"What's up?" he slured. He was clearly out of it.

I looked at him with disgust. "Apparently you. How high are you?"

He laughed hard, a manly raspy sound coming from his throat as he threw his head back in the process.

"You're always cracking my up" he said.

I went closer and smelled him. "Are you sure it's not the crack you've been smoking?"

He laughed again. "Hey, are we playing or not?" He yelled at the crowd and everybody cheered. 

My phone vibrated again and I looked down to see a new message from Hero.

"HOLY SHIT I FINISHED THE BOOK!" He had written in capital letters showing how shocked he was. 

I giggled at his reaction and typed back. "What do you think? Did you cry when your precious Matthew died?"

"THAT WAS THE LEAST IMPORTANT AND THAT SAYS A LOT! WHAT WAS THAT FUCKING ENDING? DID KATE REALLY ABANDOND HER CHILD TO GO FIND RESCUE MATT? HER CHILD?"

"He's the love of her life. Of course she's going to go find him"

"And I know that the second book is the story of their daughter! How can they jump to their daughter's story when their own story isn't finished?

"It is finished. Kate goes to find Matt and they both die in prison" I typed simply.

"NO FUCKING SPOILERS!"