Chapter Six

He wasn’t really sure what he was doing, letting his friends come over and see Harry, let alone even know about it. He had just been so startled by it- and he knew they would never say anything, but he felt even sicker in this mess.

He was driving home, tapping to some unknown beat on the steering wheel. He didn’t know how he was going to deal seeing Harry again, let alone host a soiree.

When he reached his door, and slid the key card, he just stood there for a moment with his hand on the knob. He inhaled deeply, before pushing the door open again, preparing himself to be embraced again. He even went as far to squint his eyes, as though he was watching a horror film and was preparing himself for a jumpscare.

Fully into the small foyer revealed that Harry was no where in sight. He let out a terse breath, curiosity and relief two key emotions present. He craned his neck around the corner, clearing his throat slightly. No scent of delicious food greeted him, and for a moment, the apartment was painfully quiet. A horrible panic built up in him, his fingers trembling.

“Harry?” He cried out far too pathetically for someone who was trying to convince himself that he wasn’t developing feelings for someone. He paused, waiting, hoping profusely.

Had he been so upset that he had just left?

Louis’ eyes brimmed with tears just at the thought, and he pushed towards his room, shoving the door open.

And there he was, just laying on the bed, curled up in a rather pitiful looking ball. “Harry?” Louis croaked out again, a swell of relief filling him with a deep breath. He had to balance himself on the door frame as he looked at the bot.

Had he really just panicked that much over the fear Harry had left?

The android looked solemnly up at him, his lips pulled into a small scowl. “Yes, Louis?” He droned out, sounding more mechanical than he ever had. Louis flinched.

“Are you alright?” Louis breathed, chewing on his bottom lip. Harry just stared him, eyes void of any emotion but hurt. An uncomfortable silence blanketed the room and Louis shifted slightly, wanting so badly to just comfort him- but would it make any difference? This was a machine, for christs sake.

“Well… I have some friends coming over tonight to… meet you.” He pushed his hands into his pants, studying the bots clothes, that had smattering of marinara stains on it. He had to bite back a giggle, glancing back up at Harry, who was now leaning up swiftly, nodding.

“Euh, do you want me to… wash your clothes before they get here?” Louis offered, watching as Harry glanced down at his attire.

“I don’t have any other clothes to wear, though.” Harry sighed, picking something off of his blazer.

“You can wear some of mine if you like!” Louis grin falling slightly as Harry frowned.

“I don’t think they’d fit me.” A tantalizingly painful thought of Harry wearing a pair of small chinos and a one of Louis far too small cardigans that would ride up his arms adorably caused Louis’ breath to hitch and a ghost of a smile to part his lips.

“Well… you can just wear your.. uh boxers while I wash those clothes.” Louis suggested, pricking a brow up and watching as the bot shrugged and stood.

And Louis’d be lying if he said his breath didn’t catch in his throat as Harry as his blazer slid off of his long arms, and he peeled off his shirt to reveal an impeccably muscled and long torso. Sure, he’s a robot, crafted to be as pleasing to the eye as possible, but it still had Louis biting hard into his bottom lip, trying to tear his eyes away.