"Well..I was. Being mad was acutally an understatement Jeno"

The man's head bows low, slowly getting rid of the guilt consuming his mind.

But the lady mindfully continues, " So how do you think about taking care of this matter?"

Jeno confusely looks up. By any means, he never expect the woman to be hinting out so many things to him. He was just getting ready to be scolded, slapped or even worse in the form of public shaming. But this isn't what he expected this would look like.

"What do you mean, mom?"

"Lee Jeno. Promise me that you will protect Jaemin no matter what"

The woman visibly sees a glimpse of light that passes throught Jeno's eyes after she mentions this. He expresses a dedication of his strong protection of her son and she expects nothing less than Jeno's initial capabilities.

"Nana...is my hope, mom. He's the only person that I feel the will to protect ever since I met him."

Jeno is a sharp businessman. He usually picks up the expression of the other side whenever he's conversing but the lady is something different. She's unpredictable and her wisdom is something Jeno can't figure out immediately.

"I know everything."

"W-what?"

"I am aware of what had happened to my son and you." She sips on the water and calmly puts back down. " Jaemin....he's so much of a hesitant person Jeno. And you know about that as much as I do. I don't intend to say it out to you but your mother is someone who I can never forgive."

Jeno sinks down in guilt. He knows it wasn't him who planned all this but the guilt is for his weakness in protecting Jaemin from his own mother.

"But that doesn't mean I disapprove Jaemin's relationship with you. He loves you so much and I can't do anything about it..."

"he is still refusing to live with me"

"But he isn't refusing the fact that you are beside him"

Jeno nods in agreement. He also feels thankful for Jaemin allowing him to be next to him.

"I still need to know about the daughter of the Choi Enterprise" her voice is neutrally clear but the tone indicates the displeasing attituide on the mentioned name.

"A-about that.." Jeno sighs out loud. He doesn't expect him to be this helpless, handling his own life. The fact that he promised her to protect her son but then being in this stage about his life makes him furious over himself. But what can he do? He needs to seek for help if he needs one.

"I..I need your help mom"

🍁

Haechan and Yeri accidently look at each other, confused.

They didn't sign up for this but yet, they have to witness the scene unfolding in front of them.

"Can you stop touching my cheeks?" Chenle scolds.

"But they are so puffy and soft!" Jisung reasons. His hands are still holding on to Chenle's cheeks and the Chinese is not having it at all.