Harry scratches his eyebrow in slight confusion before exhaling with an eye roll.

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what? Funny and beautiful?" she wiggles her eyebrows.

"Yes, exactly that." he smiles.

"You're smooth," Blue stares at him.

"For saying only the truth?" he pauses. "You're funny and beautiful."

"You too," she nervously signs.

Harry nearly chuckles out loud in disbelief and shudders. He's noticed she constantly feels the need to send back a compliment his way except this time around he truly means it.

Blue is a beautiful human being to stare at and a beautiful person to be around.

There's something thoroughly comforting about being around Blue; he doesn't feel the need to perform social behaviours, do things that make him uncomfortable and just not be himself.

She welcomes him as he truly is and is doing the basic decent thing a human being can do, learn to communicate with him in a way that works for him.

A good number of past friends have put him under pressure to attempt being like them or simply exclude him for being deaf.

This feels good so far and he hopes nothing ruins it.

"You don't always have to throw back a compliment," he smiles.

"I don't understand that," she winces and slowly signs.

"The compliment," he slowly signs. "It was not necessary."

Blue quickly picks up on that and instantly shakes her head in disagreement with a frown on her face.

How dare he even believe the compliment was not necessary? It was not even a compliment, it is a plain fact.

Harry is one of the most beautiful faces she has set her eyes on and he's super funny without trying.

Yeah, his humour is not based on verbal communication but his facial expressions right before his sarcastic questions and comments are hilarious.

"I mean it," she says.

"So, I'm deaf and you're blind. What an interesting duo," he chuckles.

Blue lightly shoves his arm and rolls her eyes.

"Stop it," she signs, almost warning.

"Fine! Before you actually punch me," Harry agrees, walking to the couch.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" she nervously signs.

"That is a basic BSL question," he is amused.

"Well duh, I am learning so allow it," she watches him get comfortable on the couch.

"You're doing the whole finger-spelling shit," he smiles.

"Hey, be nice. I am trying to relearn a whole new language here," she warns.

Harry stares at her for a moment and a charming smile dances on his lips.

"It's cute."

"It's just me doing what everyone should be doing," she shrugs.

"But not everyone is doing it, so it's cute," he reiterates.

"Thank you," Blue replies.

"Why are you standing over there?" he asks.

"I take it you don't want anything just yet," she says.