Chapter one: Guitarist Struggle

"God fucking dammit."

Brian cursed to himself as he tossed his guitar pick on the desk and set his guitar on his bed. Sweep picking, blues scales, circle of fifths; it was all too confusing for him. Yeah, his father, Brian haner sr., explained it a bit to him, but jr still had no idea what he was talking about. Brian ran his hand through his fluffy short hair, then looked at his fingers. They looked not very appealing.

"Ew," he muttered under his breath, lightly brushing his thumb over his other fingers on the same hand. "Calluses are fucking weird."

His hands were quite soft due to much moisturizing (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) except for the tip of all of his fingers besides his thumb. They were rough, scaly even, but it was just the downsides of playing the guitar. Brian didn't mind though. Playing guitar was his passion.

He picked up his guitar and pick again then let out a soft sigh. 5, 7, 8, 5, 6, 7, 5, 7, 5, 7, 8, 5, 8, 5, 8. That scale was... ah fuck.

He let his body slump over in defeat and bit his lower lip. "How can I be a fucking musician if I can't even memorize easy shit like this?" He thought aloud to himself.

"I dunno maybe stop watching porn 24/7?"

"oh sHIT-"

Brian jumped from his seat and turned around. His panicked face then quickly turned to annoyance.

"Fuck off Matt!"

Brian punched a guy that looked to be his age in the stomach (not with full strength; more like playfully but firm). The other boy let out a small oof as he covered it with his hand.

"I think knocking exists in this world, or at least my place, so can you try to do that next time?" Brian complained.

The tall (and quite pecked owo) teenager that spooked Brian gave a low heartily chuckle. "Nah I'm good". Matthew jumped on his friend's bed and sprawled his body on it. "But really, I heard that jacking off 24/7 isn't healthy, dude."

"I wasn't jacking off," Brian groaned, still holding his instrument in his hand. "You better be glad that I didn't smack you with my guitar. Not that I'd ever do that to my sweet baby."  He brushed off the neck of the guitar and gazed lovingly at it.

"Uh, That's kinda weird. Why don't you love your violin like that?" Matt joked.

"'Uh, Thats kinda weird. Why don't you love your piano like that?'" Brian mocked, making his voice 10x lower.

"Cause I've been playing the guitar more, dipshit. I've been listening to a bit of rock and metal, not to brag."

Matt used to play piano endlessly when he was younger. He sometimes even sang along as he performed in front of family and friends. But now that he took interest in heavy genres, he started playing guitar since piano wasn't fit for the music type. Singing, though, he kept.

Brian, on the other hand, loved rock and metal ever since he was a baby, pretty much. His father introduced him to music, including jazz and classical, but he still preferred the heavy genres the most. That's why he played guitar quite a lot, while with his violin not as much.

"Mk, kind of 'rock and metal'?"

"My dad got me an album by Guns N' Roses. "Appetite for destruction". Fucking love it dude."

"Yeah well listen to some John Petrucci or Slash. Oh! Maybe some Oingo Boingo! I think you'll take interest in it."

"Oinga- wha?"

"Oin-go Boin-go."

"....the fuck?"

"Weird name, I know, but dont forget it. Anyways c'mon letz go."

"Wait where?"

"To fucking school dumbass, why else would we wake up and get ready at 7 in the morning, to be good white kids? No, cmon."

"Really?? What's the point, I'm gonna get suspended again for doing something ever so simple and non important!"

"I don't care, now let's go!"