She, however, had a threatening look on his face, a look that he felt as though could kill him all on its own.

"What is the meaning of this?" She suddenly asked, causing Edward to frown in confusion as she threw the documents containing the transfer of ownership of Bedford Castle to Arthur Neville, along with a contract of Nora's dowry, something Edward provided with his own money, "You mean to marry me off, Edward!"

Edward's eyes widened in alarm, clearly thinking he'd have a bit of time before he had to reveal the news to her. "You weren't supposed to find out like this."

"Like this?" Nora asked in disbelief, shooting him an angry look, "What, Edward? Did you mean to tell me of this the night before my marriage or the morning of? After all, this wedding is set to occur in three days' time."

"I had no choice," Edward confessed softly, causing Nora to walk toward him with a furious look on her face.

"No choice?" She asked in disbelief, "You had every choice! You are the King of England, Edward!"

Nora stopped when she was standing in front of Edward. A furious look on her face, she roughly shoved him on the chest.

Edward stumbled back slightly, but an unreadable expression remained on his face. He didn't even bother to remind her that striking a king was an act of treason and treason was punishable by death.

She, after all, had every right to be angry and to strike him.

He betrayed her. In the worst way possible. He had lied to her twice that day when he said he'd never marry her off.

"You weak, spineless, pitiful excuse for a king. I can see it now. You're nothing more than a boy," Nora growled at Edward angrily, "This was Warwick's decision, wasn't it?"

Edward remained silent, an ashamed look on his face as he avoided eye contact with Nora. "You lied to my face today. Twice! Once again, you've let him come between us. First, he orders a servant to rape me as I lay in bed asleep. Now, he wishes to marry me off and you agree. I bet he was even behind that servant trying to kill me today," She paused, letting out a loud scoff as she began to repeatedly shove him on the chest once more.

"I had no choice. It was to protect you—" He began to say, only to end up being cut off by Nora slapping him across the face.

He did nothing to retaliate, though. He just stood there, knowing he deserved it.

"You had every choice, you insolent fool!" She shouted at him angrily, tears streaming down her cheek, "Where's your honor, Edward? Where's your strength? Where's your love for me because right now, I cannot see it! Tell me, Edward! Tell me!"

At the end of her sentence, Nora began to loudly cry and Edward grabbed her by the wrists to stop from her striking him again. He then grabbed the sides of her face, silencing her with a kiss. She continued to cry briefly before she finally kissed him.

After a long moment, Edward pulled away from the kiss, tears welled in his own eyes. "I cannot bear the thought of Arthur, let alone any man, lying with you, but it is necessary to marry him. Warwick wants it to happen to be rid of you, but I believe it must happen for another reason," He paused, wiping the streaming tears from Nora's eyes, "If what your mother said before she was executed is true, Margaret of Anjou wishes to take you any way she can, maid or not. The only way to stop her from having you is if you are already married. I cannot marry you, but he can. And I swear to you, if he harms you in any way, I shall kill him myself."

Nora stared up at Edward, a blank expression on her face. "The contract makes it official, then. I am required to marry Arthur Neville whether I wish to or not," She explained and Edward slowly nodded his head, "I dare say you wouldn't be so willing for another man to have me if you knew I was carrying your child."