Chapter Two : I'm Her Evil Russian Twin Svetlana

Start from the beginning

No Way!

"You will do as I say Tess or you'll be grounded." He says smugly.

Oh he has no idea who I am does he?

"Then ground me." It's not like I go anywhere except the mall sometimes with Megan and Beth and none of them are keen shoppers so we mostly end up sitting at Starbucks with Beth disappearing of to the music store for hours and Megan talking on and on and on about whatever she's heard that day.

He sighs, "Just do it Tess and no arguments. I would've sent your brother but since it's morning according to whatever clock he lives by he'll either be too drunk to function or too hung over to actually comprehend what I just said."

Yeah my dad's not a big fan of Travis.

"But Dad Cole might be there and you of all people know how bad he is to me!" I whine practically willing to fall to his feet and beg him to not make me go.

"Now is not the time for dramatics sweetie, take these papers and go." He pulls me upright and basically pushes me towards the door.

"You're a mean parent you know that right?"

I say as he walks me down the stairs and to the front door which he oh so graciously opens for me. "You don't become the Mayor by being nice now go."

Then he shuts the door on my face.

Oh I do love my family.

I wish I could say that the Stone residence was miles and miles away and during the journey I experienced severe dehydration, fainted and ended up at the local hospital with my father apologizing profusely for being such a dictator.

However it's me we're talking about and it only takes about five minutes before I end up outside their house. My hand lingers on the bell as I imagine all the possible scenarios which might occur IF Cole is actually inside.

Most of them end up with me in the same local hospital but with a lot of broken bones and a badly bruised ego.

Whilst Cole has never physically hurt me many of his pranks have been designed to target my obvious lack of coordination and somehow I always end up in a cast.

Always. In fact I'm on first name terms with the people in the emergency room, during the years from kindergarten to junior high I have ended up there more times than I can count. Now even though I haven't been there for nearly four years it's not like I exactly miss the place and the wonderful smell of disinfectant I'd rather not visit old Martha who's my favourite nurse anytime soon.

Okay so now I'm digressing. Focus Tessa focus!

I squeeze my eyes shut and press the damned button twice. Five minutes after waiting I decide to turn the door knob maybe I'm lucky and no one's home. The Sherriff often spends long hours at the police station and his second wife and Jay's mom is a doctor who works late night shifts at the hospital.

Jay could be out too I think grudgingly, he could be out with Nicole and the thought makes me clench my fists.

The just leaves one person...

You really owe me one dad.

Luckily I turn the knob and the door opens I stick my head inside to find the television room empty. A single light illuminates the path to the kitchen which is mostly dark. From memory I recall that the boys' rooms are upstairs while Mr. and Mrs. Stone's is on the left of the kitchen. I step in lightly just so that I don't make a sound. I was told to deliver the papers to a person and not just leave them lying around but I could always tell my dad that no one was home.