Chapter 2

Haii guys so I know I've been slacking on my stories and shit but I swear this will be one story I will not neglect.  Thank you guys soo much for reading Why Me.!?  If it wasn't for your guys it wouldn't have been such a big hit.  Lots of love Az <3

            The smell of expensive perfume and wine had seeped into my room.  I was sitting at my vanity applying more rouge onto my lips as I had Victoria, my maid, slide my mask on and tie it around my big chignon bun.  I got up and walked to my large, draped, canopy bed and slowly slid my feet into my shoes and waited for Victoria to lace them.  I kissed her cheek softly and walked down the spiral staircase knowing what was going to happen tonight and what I needed to do.

            “Please David; this is silly I must talk to Dimitri right now.”  I say irritably.  “I’m sorry Madame but he does not wish to see you at this time.”  He said cautiously.  Of course not; He knows what I am planning.  I think to myself.  “Here Madame your cup is becoming empty let me fill it for you.”  David, our butler, says as he takes my champagne glass from me.  I huff and sit on the settee; my dress bunching up around me and I slowly get up again trying to keep myself presentable.  The dress I had on was my mother’s dress; it was a red ball gown with a full skirt and a corset fit top.  I had a black mask with a red rim and red gems around the eyes.  I took the glass from David and took a quick and small swallow, “Please David, I must talk to him…It’s…Oh I feel faint.”  I say backing up a step putting a hand to my forehead.  “Madame, you don’t look well please lay down and I shall get Master.”  He says quickly as he ushers me to the settee, I lay down and my vision starts to swim, I hear shouting as my eyelids close shut and I can feel the poison coursing through my blood stopping my heart.

            “What is it David?”  I say as I continue the search for Annalise.  “Master, it’s Anna, she’s not well.”  David said softly as not to cause alarm.  “What do you mean she’s not well?  She was fine earlier!  Where is she David?  Take me to her, now!”  I say already pushing through the mass of bodies seeming to block my step more as I run towards the door, David quickly running after me.  “Master, she is in the Library!”  He shouts for he knows he would not be able to make it through the crowd as I have.  As soon as I break through I quickly run down the long hall bursting through the door.  Annalise was sitting on the red paisley settee, she looked as if she had fallen asleep, but I knew better.  “Dimitri…T-there is something I have to…”  She tried to choke out.  I rushed to her side and pulled her into my lap holding her close.  “My love, please do not say anything ok?  We will call upon the doctor and he shall help you ok?”  I say tears already welling up in my eyes kissing her eyelids softly.  I held her as she took her last breathe.  I kissed her cold lips as I could hear people rushing down the hallway to the library.  The guests burst into the room immediately taking their masks off as they realize what they stumbled onto.  “Who did it!?  Who killed my Annalise!?”  I say taking the champagne chute from the floor and sniffing it.  Arsenic.  I know of only one person that would use that type of poison to kill my beloved.

            I have encountered Annalise 3 times since that dreadful night in 1659.  For I am immortal, and she mortal, every time we meet and realize what we are to each other she slides out of my fingers once again.  She was Annalise in the 1600’s and then she was Elizabeth in the 1800’s and then Anna-Beth in 1955.  And until now I feared I would never see her again.  The year is 2014 and her name is Amorette.  It seems that every time I do encounter her she has a brief remembrance of what once was as she stares into my eyes, as if she was encountering it from my memories.  She had beautiful waist length hair throughout her other lives, tousled blonde, strict and pulled tight luscious auburn and it looked as if you could sit and run your fingers through it constantly and experience a new feeling every time.  This time however, she had shoulder length dirty blonde hair with purple tips.  Why she would want to ruin her gorgeous waves with something so frivolous was beyond me.