Chapter 16

As soon as I walk into Bruce's house, Bruce runs over and gives me a hug.

"Jersey! Thank goodness you were okay! I was so worried about you!" Bruce says.

"Thanks, but I'm fine. Jim and Harvey got there in time." I say.

"That's good. Also, I don't know if this will make you feel better or not but.... He died."

"Really? How?"

"I think he got blown up."

"Wow. I mean no offense, but thank goodness he's dead. He treated my brother like crap, so thank god Karma just got him right back."

"Yeah... Oh I forgot to tell you this when you got here. I'm sorry about your loss."

"Thanks. I was actually going to go visit his grave."

"Are you sure you want to go out there?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"Well, there have been rumors that Jerome has followers. I just don't want them to think you did something wrong."

"I'll be fine. I had to deal with assholes in prison, I doubt this would be bad."

"Alright, just call if you need anything. Here's my number." He hands me a slip of paper and I put it in my pocket.

"Thanks." I then leave the house. I honestly didn't want to go to the cemetery at first, but I have to sometime. The good thing is it's only 5 minutes away from Bruce's house. As I look around, I realize how creepy Gotham really is. I kept hearing laughing from somewhere. Probably just some dumb ass teenagers messing around. Well, here I am. The cemetery. I take a deep breath, and go to Jerome's grave.

Here Lies Jerome Valeska

Amazing Brother and Friend

I start to tear up as I sit right next to it.

"H-Hey Jerome. I-I know you can't hear me probably. But, I just wanted to let you know I love you. You've always been an amazing brother. Even though we've been through tough times, I'm glad you've always been there next to me. I'm glad Theo is dead. I'm so fucking glad. He killed the only person I truly cared about. I know you were bad towards the end. B-But you shouldn't have died like that. Why the hell did he take us just to get rid of you? I know you could've changed, Jerome. You just didn't have enough... e-enough... god damn it! Why the fuck did you have to leave?! I can't even think about anything without you!" I looked at the time and realized I needed to head back in case Jim starts to worry. I sigh," I'm sorry, Jerome. I have to go. Just remember, you are the best brother and friend I've ever had. And I wish you weren't dead. I wish.... It was me and not you. Just so you could live your life longer. Bye Jerome." As I stand up, I hear laughter getting stronger and stronger. I turn around and see a whole group of people with their faces covered in makeup. I start to back up until I bump into a guy.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask.

"Because, you are sitting at the grave of a true king."

"What?"

"Jerome Valeska! King of Gotham!"

"Long live Jerome!" Everyone else yells.

"The king?" I ask.

"Yes! Jerome is the baddest criminal in the city! And we all want to be just like him!"

"Well, sorry to break it to you. But he's dead."

"Oh really? Well, our leader is about to change that."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Why don't you stop asking questions and answer mine?"

"Fine. Jersey Valeska."

"Oh, so you must be his queen!"

"I'm his sister not his wife, idiot!"

"Oooh someone's got a little attitude. Wonder where she gets it from. Probably her living br-" I then kick the guy to the ground.

"Don't ever mention that guy! Got that?"

"Why? Are you good like him?"

"He's not good! He's an asshole! I'm the only good person in our family!"

"Really? Well then, our leader will just LOVE to see you!"

"What?"

"You see, our leader hates anyone who doesn't want to be like Jerome."

"You mean insane and bad?"

"Exactly! So, I guess we're going to have to show him the 'good' one. And best of all, it's his own sister."

"Stay away from me!" I start to run until he grabs me. "Let me go!"

"Nighty-night darling!" He then sticks a needle in my neck and everything goes black...