She turned a corner, finding herself face to face with not only a dozen guards, but also Edward himself.

Her eyes widened, as did Edward's when he saw her state. She was drenched in blood and carried a bloody knife in her hand.

The guards were quick to step protectively in front of Edward, who wanted nothing more than to roll his eyes at their actions.

He pushed them out of the way, moving closer to Nora without a care in the world. "Nora..." He trailed off uneasily, extending his hand out to her, "What did you do?"

"What did I do?" Nora cried out, staring at Edward in disbelief, "What did you do? You did this!" She screamed, a furious look on her face, "There were no guards posted within hearing distance as that man attacked me. No one could give such an order, no one but you!"

"Nora..." Edward began to say, his eyes widening in shock, "Whatever you think I did, I swear to you, I didn't do it. I never gave any guards any order."

Edward slowly walked forward, reaching his hand out to Nora. She was practically shaking in fear and as Edward tried to grab her hand, she had slapped it away.

With her luck, it had been with the hand she was holding the knife in and she ended up cutting the back of Edward's hand, in front of his guards.

Seeing that their king had been struck and cut, the guards were quick to grab ahold of Nora, striking her across the face.

"Stop, stop!" Edward was to quick to shout at the guards who had roughly grabbed ahold of Nora, "I command you to stop."

The guards looked puzzled, but obeyed him nonetheless. They released Nora from their grip and the girl looked terrified as she allowed the knife to drop to the ground with a thud.

"Explain to me, Nora, explain to me what happened and I'll help you. I swear it," He promised and Nora scoffed, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"Why would I ask for the help of a man who ordered a man to rape me in my sleep just to ruin my claim to the throne!" She screamed at him angrily, causing Edward's eyes to widen in horror, "Because of you, I killed a man. I have become a murderer because of you."

"I never ordered—" Edward began to explain, only to have the girl cut him off.

"I screamed at the top of my lungs for help and no guards came. Since I've been here, there have always been guards in the wing of the castle my chamber is located in. Yet this time, there was no one. Not a single guard. No one is able to command guards to do such a thing unless they're the king himself. You are the king."

Edward remained silent, not wanting to admit that what she said wasn't the truth. There was one other person. One man who had constantly nagged him about his involvement with Nora.

Lord Warwick.

"It wasn't me, Nora. I swear to you, it wasn't me," Edward promised, slowly walking toward the girl, "Lead me to your room. I'll have this all dealt with. I promise."

"I murdered someone. I will be imprisoned," Nora reminded Edward, who was quick to disagree.

"As your king, I shall pardon you, does that make you feel better?" He responded in a stern tone.

Nora remained silent, hatefully glaring at Edward. She still couldn't get the idea out of her head. As much as she wanted to believe that he was at fault, she had to admit, it didn't make sense.

Why would Edward command a man to take her 'virtue' when he himself had already taken it over a month before?

There was no reason for it. It had to be someone who still believed she was a maid, but who?